PDA

View Full Version : close to being up 2 lbs --help!

katetree
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
A few questions, please share your thoughts, input. Thank you

Does P3 start with day one of weaning or officially after weaning?

I started weaning on the 11th, the 12th I was up 0.8 (I took a potassium PILL, and blame that), then I maintained, today, the 16th, up another 0.8 lbs. I only have 0.4 to go before I hit the 2 pounds mark. I am wondering if this is normal ? am I doing something wrong ? What can I do to bring it back down before I hit the 2 pound mark?
Based on what I have read, I maybe added too much fat?
Sundayís menu:
Breakfast: 1 egg + 2 egg whites, PAM
Snack: 5 grilled shrimp
Lunch: Baked chicken, dark meatódidnít measure it, but a very good portion; lettuce, homemade ranch (about half a tbsp); cauliflower w/ a little butter
Missed afternoon snack
Dinner: 3 oz fish, cooked in olive oil, lettuce, 3 oz steak, 2 hard boiled eggs (one yoke) with homemade ranch (about half a tbsp).

Too much fat? Not enough protein?
I also probably didnít drink enough water, as we were travelingóat least 55 oz of water?Ö..thoughts?

katetree
04-16-2012, 08:49 AM
I also had an apple and half a grapefriut

katetree
04-16-2012, 08:54 AM
AND....I did taste the venison sausage that my husband was making for spaghetti—he then told me it was mixed with pork and had a little maple syrup in it. I just had two bites--before the sauce was added. I thought it was just plan venison, so I had him put some aside for me before adding the sauce and then I learned what else was in it.

katetree
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
maintained today. fingers still crossed.

Sadie
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Good news Kate.

Lauralou
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Great job.

katetree
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
thanks, but I still don’t like being this close; hoping my weight comes down a little.
So, today completes 4 days of major protein--what next? do I stop the snacks or just more freedom to have just a fruit for a snack? I thought I read three meals and three snacks? I like my snacks :)
any help or direction would be appreciated. thanks.

Barbara Pfarr
04-17-2012, 06:43 PM
You can go back to just 3 meals at this point. I think Linda says no more than 2 fruits a day in this phase because otherwise you are getting too much sugar, even though it's natural.

katetree
04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
One week from stopping the drops and I am officially up two pounds. Hello Steak Day.
Any tips for preventing this in the future would be appreciated.
So, I should be eating 3 meals a day ?
No snacks?
Only 2 fruit a day?
Only add one thing at a time ?
Is it ok to have a little fat….a little cheese….a little peanut butter?

melanie
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
I start phase 3 soon thursday will be my last day on drops Oh wow thats tomorrow and Im kinda scared .. Ive read and read but still scared.

Sadie
04-18-2012, 11:59 AM
If your last day on drops is tomorrow then you maintain the diet while weaning from the HCG. On Friday Saturday and Sunday. Maintenance would start on Monday.

katetree
04-19-2012, 08:34 AM
steak day complete....really wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be, and down 0.8
hoping to maintain now and not have to do another steak day!! going to try and eat a little less and slow down with adding things.

melanie
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
steak day complete....really wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be, and down 0.8
hoping to maintain now and not have to do another steak day!! going to try and eat a little less and slow down with adding things.

Glad the steak day worked ! Today is my last day on drops..

katetree
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Me too! Good luck with P3; take your time adding new foods; I think I was too excited and added too much too fast.

melanie
04-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Any helpful hints? What should I eat the first week ?

katetree
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
the same old boring food that you have been eating, unfortunately :( just more....really, just eating more is a treat! I ate a lot of little mini steaks for my protein loading.
I added eggs, 1 whole egg to every 2 egg whites; I did add a little lean ground turkey, before I knew that I shouldn’t; I made my own home made ranch—which is really just mayo and sour cream and spices—regular mayo has sugar, look for organic or sugar free, if such a thing exist; I used the regular mayo that was in our fridge and later read the ingredient and it has sugar in it. I am not a big veggie person, but have added cauliflower and really enjoy it—I baked cauliflower, chicken breast, topped with some sour cream and grated cheese—awesome!!!
Sour cream, mayo, butter, cheese—use all full fat.
BUT--keep in mind, I had to do a steak day, so maybe dont take my advice :)

katetree
04-19-2012, 02:50 PM
My weight went up both days I took a regular potassium vitamin….after I added olive oil, and after I ate a big steak that was pretty fatty....and i knew it and shouldnt have ate it.
Maybe all of those were coincident, but I am done with the vitamins, am buying leaner steaks, and will stick with butter instead of oil for now.

melanie
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
so i stick with fish and chicken shrimp . I can have eggs? yummy
I printed a list of veggies! I love veggies!!
Should I not eat fruit?

Barbara Pfarr
04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
You can eat fruit - just not too much. Stick to 2 pieces a day.

melanie
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks Kate for all you help!!

melanie
04-20-2012, 09:17 AM
You can eat fruit - just not too much. Stick to 2 pieces a day.
I only had my grapefruit for the last two days and was down .6 yesterday and .8 today ..... that is the most ive been down for a while I have been dealing with two stalls within the last 2-3 weeks . I think I will give up my apple for now and just have grapefruit.
Im on my first day without HCG!! On to maintenance Monday !

katetree
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
good job!!!!
maintenance is great, just remember to add things slowly. I added cashew's yesterday and was down 0.6 today. Still a little over my LDW, but thats ok. I was told that eggs on your first day of Maintenance, after weaning, are ok--1 whole egg + 2 egg whites; and yes, only 2 friuts a day, and I think drop the bread stick/toast once you are done weaning.
I am on my second week of maintenance and have added a little cheese, nuts, and a little dairy--like sour cream.
good luck, keep us all posted on how you are doing!

vosshens
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
You can go back to just 3 meals at this point. I think Linda says no more than 2 fruits a day in this phase because otherwise you are getting too much sugar, even though it's natural.
Linda: Are we to have only 2 fruits per day in Phase 3? I could be in trouble! I had 2 apples and 2 grapefruit today!
Thanks,
Julie

nancybaggot
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Julie, you might see a jump in the scale tomorrow, but at least you will know why. Two fruits are recommended. Sometimes I ony eat half an apple, sharing with hubby, and then half an orange and my half a grapefruit, but not four full fruit servings. It is all a laearning process :)

vosshens
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
thanks Nancy! You'd think this being my 3rd round I would know what I am doing by now! Oh well. We learn something new everyday!
Thanks again.

Sadie
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Linda: Are we to have only 2 fruits per day in Phase 3? I could be in trouble! I had 2 apples and 2 grapefruit today!
Thanks,
JulieThe concern is the sugar and how it acts on the brain. The grapefruit it naturally low in sugar as are the apples so I THINK you are ok. You will likely be up just a bit in the morning. The affects also depends on how far you are into P3.