PDA

View Full Version : lost....

amnelholguin
04-13-2012, 07:07 AM
I feel so absolutely lost when it comes to this phase...
I don't know if I doing it right and I feel theres no clear direction like in the 1st 2 phases...
no one can give me a straight answer as far as the portions and quantity...
im stressed, man!

....and Im up by 1 pound on my 1st day of p3 :'(

me not so happy right now!
need guidance cause I don't know what im doing!
WOULD LOVE A DETAILED MENU (possibly for a week or 2) of this part!
does anyone have one?
can anyone direct me towards one??

katetree
04-13-2012, 07:41 AM
I am just starting Phase 3 as well. This is what I have put together, right or wrong, I am a first timer.
Days 1-3 –same food as P2, weaning
Days 4-7 –lots of protein!!! 6-8 oz at meals, at least three 3oz protein snacks. 1 cup of whole milk. Add/mix other fruits & veggies.
Add 2 tbls fat—including regular mayo, butter.
Second week—add more fats, like: 2-3 oz of cheese, nuts, organic peanut better—not all at the same time, one per day and see how it affects the scale.
Week 3—add more dairy, other meats, like beef, organic ketch-up (cant wait!)

Tomorrow is my day 4, I am going out of town, so I have prepared a lot of my food to bring with. My plan is:
Saturday
Breakfast: scrambled eggs (using a little pam on the pan)
Snack: 3 oz steak and strawberries
Lunch: lean ground turkey burgers and a salad (a little homemade ranch)
Snack: 3 oz shrimp and grapefruit
Dinner: 6-8 oz chicken and mashed cauliflower (a little milk & butter).

Sunday
Breakfast: scrambled eggs (using a little pam on the pan)
Snack: 3 oz steak and strawberries
Lunch: 6-8 oz Chicken and a salad (a little homemade ranch)
Snack: 3 oz lean ground turkey and grapefruit
Dinner: a bigger steak!! and mashed cauliflower ? (a little milk & butter). Haven’t really decided on dinner, depends when I get home.

PLEASE—anyone who has completed P3, let me know if I am wrong and should change my plans.
I am planning on week one of P3 to be a lot of the same food repeated and am looking forward to adding cheese and PB in the following week.

Hope this helps you, I am in the same boat.

lisaks
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm no expert, but that looks like it would have worked for me, although I might not have wanted quite that much.

A bad habit of mine is to "eat as much as I'm allowed to" or (even scarier) "eat as much as is on my plate", rather than "eat as much as I truly want". This has been really important for me in P3. Sometimes I find that I'm truly satisfied with less, if I'm paying attention. Why not stop at that point? I can always come back and eat a snack later.

Oh, and keep drinking water!

jmwaters7
04-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree, your menu looks good. However, I'm no sure about ground meat yet. Hopefully someone else can confirm that. I personally found that during protein loading I had to force myself to eat all the protein and some veggies. Now out of the protein loading I often have food left on my plate, as I get full quick. And yes yes yes, to drinking the water.. this will keep things moving if you know what I mean.

Sadie
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Amnel, did you see my notes on your menu?

wizard12
04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
After the next few days,check to see if your weight stills goes up and down,meanwhile check out this challenge page info it may help give you a clear path to where you want to be.

Sadie
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
No ground meats until at least the beginning of the 3rd week of P3.

katetree
04-13-2012, 01:03 PM
good to know about the ground turkey--thanks and good luck Amnel

amnelholguin
04-16-2012, 09:40 AM
yeah... I saw the notes... I also saw that in your email you said I was doing fine with me protein intake!
so I continued doing it like that
and now im up by 2.6 pounds! and Im STILL LOST lol
now what?
a steak day...
cool...
then after that? ....
this phase is the most complicated of all of them and the one with the least information and clear direction!
reallllllly frustrated right now!

Lauralou
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
You might be adding too much too fast. Do a steak day today if possible.

My first round during P3 - I just added protein first, then each day added a some different fruits, then mixed salad, then dairy.

I had to do 1 steak day, but it worked just fine.

See if you can chat with customer service wth yourhcg.com.

Sadie
04-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Amnel, send me a. Email with exactly what you are eating.

amnelholguin
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
did 2 steak days in a row to correct my weight!
let's see what the scale says tomorrow...

katetree
04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
why two steak days?
I am doing my first today, just wondering why two?

Barbara Pfarr
04-18-2012, 08:15 AM
If your steak day doesn't get you back down under LDW + 2, you can do a second one.

amnelholguin
04-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm good now...
wow... its SOOOOO important to eat properly that 1st week and not go crazy!
everything DOES fall into place and your body does respond like it should if you get over the hump of the 1st 2 weeks!
my weight is now stabilizing beautifully.
for the past 3 days I've been more or less the same weight (.2 -/+ here and there)
I realized I was adding stuff back too soon cause I didn't read carefully and also eating stuff I wasn't suppose to... (like CANTALOPE and FETA CHEESE! lol... I confused feta and ricotta and cottage.... help... im dominican!)
now I'll slowly start adding more complex stuff ONE BY ONE.... let's see how my body reacts!

melanie
04-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Phase 3 scares me.. Im going to take it real slow.. This is my first day !
Glad your doing better !!!

amnelholguin
04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Do take it slow Melanie...
for the 1st week, DON'T ADD too many oils back.... try to eat the same exact things you at on p2 but in larger quantities!
and I CANT STRESS how important meat is! protein starvation will blow you up like a ball full of water!!
eat proteins with every meal...
for breakfast, eat eegs boiled or scrambled
for snacks eat the amount of meat you ate as a meal on p2 along with an orange or an apple
for meals eat TWICE as much meat as you ate for a meal on p2 along with your veggies (eat your meat 1st though!)
do this for the 1st 3 days!!! it's sooooooo important!!! then after, go back to eating normal.
by then you can eat more variety of fruits and vegetables but stay away from sugary and starchy ones. you can also eat more variety of proteins and oils (stay on butter, olive and PAM only... it's what's allowed)
and watch your water intake! keep it up... 2 to 3 litters is gooood and will help you go to the bathroom!
Tea is awesome too... I drink ALOT of green still...

I hope this helps! cause I know it's helping me!

Sadie
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Phase 3 scares me.. Im going to take it real slow.. This is my first day !
Glad your doing better !!! Just do as the phase 3 instructions say and go slowly reintroducing new food. Stay with Phase 2 type foods for now.

melanie
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
You have been very helpful! Thank you
Do take it slow Melanie...
for the 1st week, DON'T ADD too many oils back.... try to eat the same exact things you at on p2 but in larger quantities!
and I CANT STRESS how important meat is! protein starvation will blow you up like a ball full of water!!
eat proteins with every meal...
for breakfast, eat eegs boiled or scrambled
for snacks eat the amount of meat you ate as a meal on p2 along with an orange or an apple
for meals eat TWICE as much meat as you ate for a meal on p2 along with your veggies (eat your meat 1st though!)
do this for the 1st 3 days!!! it's sooooooo important!!! then after, go back to eating normal.
by then you can eat more variety of fruits and vegetables but stay away from sugary and starchy ones. you can also eat more variety of proteins and oils (stay on butter, olive and PAM only... it's what's allowed)
and watch your water intake! keep it up... 2 to 3 litters is gooood and will help you go to the bathroom!
Tea is awesome too... I drink ALOT of green still...

I hope this helps! cause I know it's helping me!

melanie
04-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks Linda I will !
Just do as the phase 3 instructions say and go slowly reintroducing new food. Stay with Phase 2 type foods for now.

Sadie
04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
You will do well.

amnelholguin
04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Here's a list of resorses I found in my searching that's been rocking my world!!

http://www.myhcgplus.com/m1guide.pdf

http://www.myhcgplus.com/m2guide.pdf

I also found:
http://www.hcgdietrecipesmadesimple.com/hcg-diet-menus/phase-3-menus/

http://weightlosskick.com/HCGDietRecipeBook.pdf

this is dope too:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Hope this helps!!

Melinda
04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
How are you guys using the mayo? Does anyone have the homemade ranch dressing recipe?

katetree
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
It is under the P3 recipe's...pretty much sour cream, mayo, seasonings, more like a dip, but good