PDA

View Full Version : Menu examples for the 1st 3 days of P3

amnelholguin
04-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Hey guys...
I'm closing in to the end of p2 and I'm trying to prepare ahead of time for what's in store!
I read Im suppose to eat proteins every 2 hours to prevent gain because my body is protein starved.
got that...
but does anyone have a meal plan of what this ought to look like?
or a website with a 3 day plan (and beyond....)
I would like to know how much im required to eat and what types of meat are acceptable (which aren't) and so on...

Thanks <3

thialc
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Hey guys...
I'm closing in to the end of p2 and I'm trying to prepare ahead of time for what's in store!
I read Im suppose to eat proteins every 2 hours to prevent gain because my body is protein starved.
got that...
but does anyone have a meal plan of what this ought to look like?
or a website with a 3 day plan (and beyond....)
I would like to know how much im required to eat and what types of meat are acceptable (which aren't) and so on...

Thanks <3
http://community.yourhcg.com/showthread.php?t=311&page=3
If you go to the board, Phase 1,2,3,4 and then Phase 3. There are instructions at the top. Hopefully the link will work though. It is directly to page 3, so read through all of it.
Also, on the members site, there is a list of foods if you look down the right hand side. I don't know why I didn't see it the first 15 times I looked, but it is there. :o)
I have heard, that on the first 3 days of phase 3, eat your protein first so you don't fill up on the veggies/fruits. Listen to your body and stop when you are not hungry, but not full.

Thia

lisaks
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I can only speak from experience, but I had no problem with eggs, chicken (dark meat as well as light), shrimp, white fish, or salmon (fresh). I ate three regular meals (including a protein breakfast), similar to the P2 regimen except mixing vegetables. I also ate beef now and then. Then, in between, I ate small portions of similar things.

I've found that one of the most important things about P3, for me, is to make sure I eat real meals at mealtime. I'm much too likely to just eat a snack and go on my way, which turns off my hunger temporarily but doesn't really stabilize my blood sugar. So, at the beginning of P3 especially, I make sure to eat a sensible portion of protein and vegetables at meal times.

Looking back at my log, I ate a number of snacks of cooked shrimp - easy and fast. Since I can't have cocktail sauce, I dipped them in salsa fresca (cut up tomato, onion, garlic, etc.). Or a little green salad with cooked chicken or fish on top.

Hope that helps a little -

-Lisa-

Debra Sanchez
04-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Have eggs and veggies in the morning, 200 grams of say london broil and mixed veggies for lunch, Boiled egg whites for snacks, dinner: 200 grams chicken with more veggies. Use a little olive oil in cooking lunch and dinner, maybe a little butter with your eggs and veggies, have an apple for another snack. You will be full and right on LDW target! I really think the egg whites are key! Watch out that you don't add too much fat that first week: cautionary - nuts, cheese, dairy on the first 4 days.

Sadie
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
well said ladies! The key to Phase 3 is to be "in the moment" while you are eating. When you are full stop eating and walk away. You can always come back to the meal later. Always start with protein when eating.

amnelholguin
04-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank you all soooo much!!! <3

amnelholguin
04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
another question....
can I have the approved whey protein shake during these 3days in between meals as snacks ?

Sadie
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
The body seems to need the animal protein for the first few days. We want the body to work to process the foods. That is part of the reason why I advise keeping the the protein unprocessed the first few days on Maintenance.

amnelholguin
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM
so what's the amount of meat I need per meal/snack?

amnelholguin
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
so what's the amount of meat I need per meal/snack?

I see you answered this in a previous thread lisa:

"Breakfast would consist of something like 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with a little bit left over chicken, a few hours later a snack (2-3oz) then lunch (6-8 oz)then another snack (2-3 oz) before dinner (6-8 oz)
Unsweetened almond milk will be fine once you are through 3-4 days of of high protein. not a lot it is high in fat.
Yes to butter
Eat nothing reduced fat on maintenance full fat is fine. It is always block cheese nothing pre-shredded or sliced. Organic is fine."

So I can eat cheese as a snack and milk too?
I'm confused cause I read we should limit it to 1 cup a day....

lisaks
04-07-2012, 07:49 PM
In the Phase 3 thread, under Linda's Instructions sticky post, she says you can have a cup of milk, but don't start adding too many things at once. I think of the first week of P3 as "P2+", because there's no restrictions on the quantity, but I stick to similar foods and add new foods in one at a time. I don't want my system to be overwhelmed by too much change. Take it slow.

Of course, you have to try and see how your body responds. I think the recommendation is to add in cheese after about a week.

Have you re-read the P3 instructions lately? You might find it helpful, with your new "post-P2" viewpoint.

amnelholguin
04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Thank you lisa <3
I shall

Sadie
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
The first week of Phase 3 I would not eat the cheese. Only 1 cup whole milk. Then add 2-3 ounces of cheese in the second week of P3.