PDA

View Full Version : low loss....I might just be panicking, but looking for input.

katetree
03-26-2012, 07:48 AM
So, first weekend at home while VLCDing had a few bumps.
Saturday I had three bites of imitation crab. I weighed it (3.5 oz), started eating, thought it tasted too good to be true, looked at the packaged, saw it had a list of ingredients and stopped eating it. I should have looked before I ate!! 20 minutes later I was having my first BM in a week!! I was surprised how quickly it affected me, I had a mild tummy ach for about in hour.
I kicked myself for not being more careful and was prepared for the worst on the scale in the morning; however, the next day(Sunday) I was down 3 pounds!!!
Monday morning….today….only down .2
Is this a delayed reaction?
I read in Pounds & Inches about political officials and social gatherings and faulty dieting effecting weight up to three days ? and only doing an Apple Day if a plateau last three days?

I am looking for feedback on if I should take action and do an apple day or just wait and see what happens tomorrow?

I know being at home over the weekend means, for me, touching more diaper wipes and touching spilt kid food…I usually try and wash my hands right away afterwards, wearing gloves 24/7 just isn’t realistic for me, I do wear gloves with washing dishes and cleaning up—this has not been an issue yet; on day 10, down 14 pounds!!

Saturday diet:
Grape Fruit, FAKE CRAB (3 bites) used shrimp to finish the meal, spinach, London Broil—I felt bad about the crab, so no bread sticks, no second fruit, and I don’t think I had another veggie?

Sunday Diet:
Grape Fruit, London Broil, spinach, Apple, Shrimp, cabbage. No bread sticks.
I did not drink all of my water this day, I did have at least 50 oz. and I skipped the green tea.

only salt and garlic powder to season.

I realize that both days diets are similar and I didn’t realize that I had London Broil two days in a row—I obviously need to pay better attention.

Do you think similar diets are to blame for the slow loss?
Or delayed reaction from the crab?
Apple day?

Your input is appreciated, thanks.

Barbara Pfarr
03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
You read it right. You are still paying for the cheat, and an apple day won't help. it's for four days with no losses, and actually .2 is a loss. And all an apple day does is dehydrate you, so you see something on the scale. a psychological pick me up often followed by a longer stall. Drink more water and keep going. Cheats take up to FIVE days to correct, sometimes.

katetree
03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
thanks and damn it. If I was really going to cheat, it would have been on something better then imitation crab!!!
lesson learned and I will keep on keeping on.
thanks again

Barbara Pfarr
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
You know, after i wrote that i realized "cheat" was a bit harsh since you didn't do it deliberately. But unfortunately the effects are bad even if it is accidental. Hope you see a good loss tomorrow.

Sadie
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Kate, these lessons are invaluable! We all go through it so be of courage. All the best for getting back on track quickly.

katetree
03-27-2012, 09:48 AM
down 0.8 today....looking better.
thanks for the encouragement.

Sadie
03-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Great news Kate!

katetree
03-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Down ZERO today!! I hate imitation crab meat!!!
can I expect a loss tomorrow?

thialc
03-28-2012, 09:33 AM
can I expect a loss tomorrow?
Remember that even if you don't lose weight, you may be losing inches. "Pounds and Inches" I hope for a loss everyday, but I don't expect it. Yes, when there isn't a loss I get just as disappointed as the next person. but, in the scheme of things, I'm losing something. :) You've learned from the mistake, don't sweat it. Also, you asked about the London Broil. Some people have problems with that. It may have effected your loss also. You are doing great! Remember that your average is fantastic.

Sadie
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
can I expect a loss tomorrow?I'm unsure. You might lose but the crab issue might take a few days to resolve. Hang inthere and keep your focus. You will be ok.

katetree
03-28-2012, 12:30 PM
sticking with it....
Can I have canned Bumble Bee crab meat?
Ingredients: crabmeat, water, salt, citric acid, calcium disodium (to preserve color), sodium pyrophosphate (to preserve flavor), and sodium sulfite (to preserve) ?
asking before I eat this time!!

thialc
03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
sticking with it....
Can I have canned Bumble Bee crab meat?
Ingredients: crabmeat, water, salt, citric acid, calcium disodium (to preserve color), sodium pyrophosphate (to preserve flavor), and sodium sulfite (to preserve) ?
asking before I eat this time!!
No canned meat

Sadie
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Everything MUST be fresh unprocessed.

Debra Sanchez
03-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Kate, London Broil could be the problem too. It has quite a bit of fat, even though its one of the leanest cuts.

Debra Sanchez
03-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Sorry Kate, i didn't realize someone already mentioned it!

katetree
03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
thanks for all of the input!!
I am happy to say that I was down 1.8 this morning....even had london broil for lunch yesterday :)
on I go!!

Sadie
03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I am so glad that London Broil works of for you. Give it another 3-4 days before eating it again.