PDA

View Full Version : Grissini THIN breadsticks

katetree
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
So, I bought the Grissini THIN breadsticks. One serving is 9 bread sticks @ 110 calories. Can I eat the entire serving?
Also, someone told me that I can use Bragg’s Amino’s to marinate meat in. I think it is zero calories. Is this allowed?
Day one of VLCD going alright so far. Drank half my water already

Barbara Pfarr
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
No!! 2 thin breadsticks a day, MAX. And bragg's amino's are NOT recommended - these cause a lot of people to stall. Don't focus on calories, just stick to the rules. If pounds and inches doesn't explictly say you can eat it, assume you cannot.

truddle
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I have a question about these breadsticks - I was finally able to find them a store here but they all said made with Olive Oil so I did not buy them - was I right that would have been bad?

Barbara Pfarr
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
No, it's ok that they have olive oil in them. They are specifically allowed (2 per day) by Dr. Simeon in Pounds and inches.

melanie
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
I cant find them where do you get them?

truddle
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
I found them at Publix

truddle
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Now I wished I had gotten them - not that there is anything wrong with the melba toast just would have been nice to have something different.

No, it's ok that they have olive oil in them. They are specifically allowed (2 per day) by Dr. Simeon in Pounds and inches.

katetree
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Wish I had waited to eat them until after I had a response. I think I ate 5--figured it was half a serving. Now I know for tomorrow and will do better....today is day one of the VLCD, we'll see if/how they affect the scale. thanks for your input.
I sautéed my chicken in the Bragg's last night, didn’t use a lot, but any other suggestions to help keep it from sticking to the pan?
thanks

melanie
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I just keep adding water to keep the meat from sticking.

melanie
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I found them at Publix
I will check out Publix then, Thanks

verandatoo
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I found grissini breadsticks in 2 places when I searched here in my town. First place was the "old school/gourmet" markets. The ones that still have their own butcher and aren't part of a chain. The other place I found them was in on of the local healthier food stores (like Whole Foods).

truddle
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I have actually found I do not have a problem with my protein sticking to my pans, now they are non-stick but I read you should wait until the meat starts to brown and then move it, I only use water with veggies that I cook.

Wish I had waited to eat them until after I had a response. I think I ate 5--figured it was half a serving. Now I know for tomorrow and will do better....today is day one of the VLCD, we'll see if/how they affect the scale. thanks for your input.
I sautéed my chicken in the Bragg's last night, didn’t use a lot, but any other suggestions to help keep it from sticking to the pan?
thanks

Sadie
03-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Regarding the sticking problem, I usually at my protein and vegetables in a soup form. Therefore it didn't matter if it sticked. I would just add water and scrap the bits on the bottom. That made my soup broth.

katetree
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
I skipped the veg and friut and bread stick last night to make up for the extra bread sticks at lunch.....and partly just because I was busy, I meant to eat the friut and veg as a later night snack and just didnt get to it. I boiled chicken last night to eat for lunch today, we'll see how it is.

After day one of the VLCD I am down 3.2!!!! Hooray!

Sadie
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Kate, I understand why you did it yesterday but in the future please no substituting any food.

katetree
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
do you have a soup recipe?

Sadie
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Sure, take 100 grams of chicken breast, salt pepper and powdered garlic. Dry fry it in a small pot. Let it brown on both sides. Add celery and let it cook a little bit while covering it. If you use cabbage skip this part. Add 1 - 1 1/2 cups water let simmer 20 - 30 minutes until tender. YUM!

skaladuport
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm only on R1P2D1, but I used the juice of half a lemon to cook my chicken for lunch and did the same with the shrimp I had for dinner. I had cabbage with both, and used the lemon for that too. I'm not usually a big fan of lemon on my food, but it was actually really good!

Sadie
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm only on R1P2D1, but I used the juice of half a lemon to cook my chicken for lunch and did the same with the shrimp I had for dinner. I had cabbage with both, and used the lemon for that too. I'm not usually a big fan of lemon on my food, but it was actually really good!Please avoid eating cabbage every day. It is one of the vegetables that leads to lesser losses.

martiP
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
...you can also get the breadsticks at vitacost.com. i think they are !.99 a pack.