PDA

View Full Version : P3 Clarification and Advice

SusieD.
01-27-2014, 06:04 AM
I've read so much I got a little confused. Please help!

1. How many protein load days do we need? This site reads 3-4, how do we know if we need 3 or 4 of them?

2. When referencing the weight we are not to go over by two pounds, is the the last weight with drops or the last day without drops? (I ask because I gained the last two days w/out drops :( even after my apple day). Not sure what happened there.

3. There are so many threads, I'm re-reading, but is the egg snack for protein load the whole egg or white only?

Trying to do the right thing. Advice is very much appreciated. I am very proud of the progress so far and don't want to lose it. My hope is to stabilize and go for one more round.

If any HCG vets have best practices or favorite protein snacks that worked well for them, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
S.

Gemini
01-27-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm new to these drops but I'm gonna take a shot at answering some of these questions.

1 I think the protein load 3-4 just let's you know that you can do 4 but 3 is the minimum.

2 The Last drop weight from what I read is the weight you are to stay within.
Going two pounds over you should be doing steak days not apples days. Apple days are for when you are stalled or gaining on P2 from what I have read.

3 You can do three eggs, but only one whole with the yolk. I think!

Did you wean off the drops 3 days while still on VLCD?

SusieD.
01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I gained ounces during my 3 day wean off the drops. From earlier posts I understand that is still P2 so I did an apple day to be safe. This is my first P3 date so I just wanted to be sure what weight I should measure my maintenance against.

Sadie
01-27-2014, 11:52 AM
I've read so much I got a little confused. Please help!

1. How many protein load days do we need? This site reads 3-4, how do we know if we need 3 or 4 of them? MOST PEOPLE DO 4 DAYS. SOME ONLY HAVE TIME FOR 3 DAYS BEFORE THEY MUST BACK OFF THE PROTEIN. DURING MAINTENANCE PROTEIN IS KEY TO MAINTAINING WEIGHT LOSS.

2. When referencing the weight we are not to go over by two pounds, is the the last weight with drops or the last day without drops? (I ask because I gained the last two days w/out drops :( even after my apple day). Not sure what happened there. YOUR LDW IS THE DOSE THE MORNING OF THE LAST DAY YOU ARE TAKING YOUR DROPS. THIS MEANS THE MORNING YOU REACH 2.1 POUNDS OVER YOUR LDW YOU MUST TAKE CORRECTIVE ACTION BY DOING A STEAK DAY. IF THIS OCCURS DURING THE FIRST 3-4 DAYS ON PHASE 3, AND THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION, IT IS LIKELY DUE TO NOT HAVING ENOUGH PROTEIN.

3. There are so many threads, I'm re-reading, but is the egg snack for protein load the whole egg or white only? FOR EGGS HAVE 1 WHOLE EGG AND THE REST EGG WHITES PER DAY.

Trying to do the right thing. Advice is very much appreciated. I am very proud of the progress so far and don't want to lose it. My hope is to stabilize and go for one more round.

If any HCG vets have best practices or favorite protein snacks that worked well for them, I'm open to suggestions. PROTEIN WORKS BEST AS SNACKS. STICK WITH THAT FOR THE FIRST COUPLE WEEKS OF PHASE 3. CONTINUE TO DRINK YOUR WATER EVERY DAY.

Thanks in advance!
S. I wrote my answers next to your questions.

Sadie
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I gained ounces during my 3 day wean off the drops. From earlier posts I understand that is still P2 so I did an apple day to be safe. This is my first P3 date so I just wanted to be sure what weight I should measure my maintenance against.In the future, do not correct your weight if you gain while weaning. Let me know instead.

SusieD.
01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks Linda & Gemini! I feel better equipped for the transition now. (And Linda, you must be psychic because you anticipated my next question.)

Looking back at my tracker, I am actually exactly back to my LDW. I lost at the start of weaning and then gained so I thought that counted negatively against me. (Nervous Nellie here.)

Worries put to rest and forging forward!!

Sadie
01-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Not psychic, just have been there before.

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
02-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Advice from an oldie, just eat more of P2 foods in larger amounts and with a little oil for a week or two. Adding in new foods too quickly causes problems. Good luck!

Sadie
02-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Good advice Tiffany.