PDA

View Full Version : Eating out p3d2

twinmommy13
03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
I start p3 on Friday, my family is going outbtoneatbfor the first time since protocol on Saturday for st. Patrick's day. Any suggestions on where I could go that has good protein options with fresh veggies. Don't want to screw up. I know that I need to get protein in every 3 hours, just seeing if anyone had a good experience dining out. Hubby thought outback, but dunno if too much steak too soon is good. They have good asparagus there.... I could bring stuff, but wanted thoughts first. Thanks!

lisaks
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't know what they have in your area, but my first couple of P3 restaurant meals last round were a salad with sliced steak or chicken breast with oil & vinegar on the side, and that worked out ok for me.

Sadie
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah Lisa, that is a great P3 meal! ~ Linda

lisaks
03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
It's a staple for me; I've found I can get some version of it at a lot of places. Even if it isn't on the menu...

twinmommy13
03-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Do you have to ask for the steak/chicken to be cooked differently....or is it generally okay as served?

lisaks
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
I've told the waiter I'm on a special diet and asked for "just plain grilled chicken". I sometimes have to ask that they exclude stuff from the salad (croutons, pepperoncini, etc.) too. So it might take a little discussion but so far has been the safest restaurant meal for me. Of course, it depends on the place. Some restaurants pride themselves on how fancy their sauces are, but the food had to start out plain once upon a time so I bet they've got something for you in the kitchen if you ask for it.

Sadie
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I am careful to always make sure their protein is not pre-marinated.

twinmommy13
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Ugh! We are going to a sushi place (my brother picked it for his birthday). I am going to probably have to bring a side of protein just in case, peel the batter off of the tempura veggies, and order the steak or chicken without terryaki sauce....luckily my 2year old will be happy to have my rice and sweet potato. Is unagi (eel) safe to eat while protein loading or best to avoid?

thialc
03-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Ugh! We are going to a sushi place (my brother picked it for his birthday). I am going to probably have to bring a side of protein just in case, peel the batter off of the tempura veggies, and order the steak or chicken without terryaki sauce....luckily my 2year old will be happy to have my rice and sweet potato. Is unagi (eel) safe to eat while protein loading or best to avoid?
I am in the same boat. You and I ended at the same time. We are taking my mom to get Indian Food on Saturday, for her 80th birthday. Day 2 of Phase 3. Luckily, my mom is not as comfortable in restaurants, so I am opting for takeout at my house. It will still be much harder this time to be sitting around the foods and sauces. During Phase 2 I didn't have a problem with it... but now they are so close to being able to touch my lips... ;)

I do think it may be pushing it to peel the tempura batter off and eat that meat. I would just skip it and go for the steak or chicken, unmarinated, w/out terryaki.
Good Luck!!!

Sadie
03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes I do think it is pushing it and this is a critical time for stablization. PLEASE don't do it. There will always be tempura battered shrimp or beef you can eat. Just not now. Sorry :-(

twinmommy13
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks! I know the place has good chicken, so I will ask for it without the sauce and bring a backup in case it seems to be marinated or too fatty. REally wish we were going somewhere else~ NEXT time!