PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal???

Sunflower
07-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Hello Linda and community!

I'm on R1P3D10 and starting to get a little concerned - I keep losing weight and I'm not sure if this is normal. I am not going to complain about weight loss ever, but I really was under the impression I would be seeing a lot more fluctuation as I introduced new foods into my body and more fat. But over the last 10 days, I've lost another pound? I've been losing 0.2-0.4lbs a day since my LDW and today I'm 2.8 lbs below my LDW. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not eating enough? But my bigger concern is whether or not I'm losing muscle mass which would be a big problem for me as it comes on quickly and can be quite dangerous. I lost a rapid amount of weight many years back (heartbreak diet) and when I started working out again, the trainer said that I had experienced a level of muscle atrophy he had only seen in injured athletes. So I'm concerned my body is maybe eating on itself the wrong way now.

I've been eating a lot of protein to try to keep my energy levels up. Had chicken, lean beef, and shrimp throughout Week 1 and I have egg whites for breakfast with chicken every morning. I have already introduced the homemade ranch dressing recipe (from this site) and peanut butter, and then this week started with cheese (omg that was SO good!!), greek yogurt, and avocado - going to have some almonds today as a new food. So far no angry reactions from my body on anything. I eat until I'm full at each meal and I've been snacking on fruits and veggies between meals as I get the munchies. I'm still drinking 80-90 oz of water a day too. I wake up every morning VERY hungry. It's like my metabolism has woken up again!!

Just wondering if this has been observed in anyone else's experiences and if everything is still working right. :)

Thanks all!

tygereye
07-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I wound up losing another 8-12 pounds total before I managed to "level out"... I took phase 3 very slowly, as I did with phase 4... My LDW was 222.0, today's weight was 207.6. I was not trying to continue losing, but, it would seem that my metabolism has really kick started again... I can now eat just about anything, with no adverse effects on my weight... I just have to try to be a little bit smart about it...

Sunflower
07-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Hello again tygereye! That's good to hear that it is possible without trying and it's not something strange. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong that was causing this to happen. I have been very careful about the foods that I'm eating and introducing only one new food at a time and in small portions. When they say you can have 2-3 oz of cheese, I've had half that. A half of an avocado. I'm just trying to be very careful about this but when I do eat, I eat until I'm full so I know I'm not starving myself.

Anyway - onward and downward with the scale I guess. I am down a total of 17.6 lbs now!! From the very start to now, that's a miracle for me and I'm thrilled to see it. 32 days until my hubby and I start R2 together (he noted yesterday how much weight I've lost in my face LOL). Even the tiniest weight losses from day to day now will help towards my goal weight at the end of all of this in November!!!

Sadie
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
You both are the lucky ones. What has happened is your metabolism has been healed. Your body is burning at a high level. Your weight will eventually stabilize.
The only thing I would be concerned about is If you are withholding food. This does not appear to be the case.

Sunflower
07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Definitely not. I have 3 egg whites in an omlet in the morning usually with a little chicken added and a little cheese. Sometimes fruit for a snack. Chicken salad for lunch over spinach leaves and tomato with ranch. Nearly always snack of frit in the afternoon. Apricots are my fav right now. Last night had beef and onions for dinner with a little cheese. Didn't lose any weight overnight so maybe I am starting to stabilize? I guess we will see tomorrow :)

Sadie
07-24-2013, 08:58 AM
That menu looks just fine. Glad you are enjoying your food.

Sunflower
07-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Excellent! Today I'm going to try some coffee (after my regular morning green tea - I'm hooked on this stuff w/ lemon in the mornings!) with my vanilla drops - looking forward to getting more creative with flavors now that I have them....if they work well, I'm going to buy some of the different flavors from the site you suggested -I saw it somewhere here on the forum and I'll dig it up again. Buying online will just be easier since no one in town seems to stock them.

Sadie
07-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah, online is really convenient. Wasting gas driving around town is not my idea of fun.

Sunflower
07-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Amen to that - our Vitamin Shoppe is clear across town. GNC doesn't carry it either. Online shopping, here we come!

Sadie
07-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah! Love me some www.vitacost.com

Sunflower
08-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi Linda and all - just a quick update before I leave on vacation tomorrow - P3 is complete today and P4 starts tomorrow. I'm now 7.2 lbs below my LDW - the weight loss just kept on going all the way through P3. I have not yet seemed to reach the plateau, but I do expect that I'm nearly there as my weight has started to get a little more jacked around as I become more liberal with the foods eaten in P3.

At least I know I can go on vacation not worrying too much about my weight (yes, i'll weight myself every day still) and focus more on exercise and slowly integrating sugars and starches. I never thought I would be so excited at the prospect of a potato on my plate!!!

Sadie
08-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Sunflower, have a wonderful time! I look forward to hearing from you when you return.