PDA

View Full Version : I made it!!!!

Sunflower
07-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome to Phase 3 for me!! So excited!! The last 3 days were a rousing success and I made it to 17 lbs lost. Amazing!!! I am so happy....now to work on maintenance and making good food choices from here on out!!

Sadie
07-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Congrats! Remember to go slowly with new food except lean proteins. Lots of those for you the next 3-4 days.

Sunflower
07-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Will do Linda - just ate some shrimp and will subsist on chicken probably for the rest of the day because it is easy for me. I printed out my grocery list so we're headed out shopping shortly.

Stupid question probably - can I still eat my grissini breadstick? I've really come to love them as a snack!

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
07-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Phase 3 is my favorite! The breadsticks will have to wait until phase 4. Good luck!

Sadie
07-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Agreed. The breadstick being a form of starch must wait until Phase 4. Remember nothing with starch or high sugar is allowed on Phase 3.

JodyBarton
07-15-2013, 12:46 PM
great news- so happy you did it! i'm gearing up to start round 2 here soon...

Sunflower
07-15-2013, 12:47 PM
oh bummer. ok. phase 4 it is - breadsticks are going to go into hiding!

i don't think i ate enough protein yesterday because i gained a pound my first day on normal eating and of course flipped out. i'm still below my LDW so not in a full out panic yet LOL :) . i'm following one of linda's prescribed menu's today to the T so i'm hoping it straightens out.

i'm really not clear on when the fats can be introduced. i was hoping to make the homemade ranch dressing recipe and use that as my 2 tbsp max of fat per day - but i didn't want to make it with sour cream so going with yogurt pushes it out to week 2 i think? i can do sour cream if it means i can have it now. i'm dying for something other than ACV dressing in a salad.

i'm only on day 2 of my protein loading so i'm still a little unsure of where to go after all of this in terms of menus. i'm going to keep on reading the stuff on the forum and see if i can't make myself up a schedule of eats. phase 3 is pretty intimidating trying to figure out what to eat and when!

Sunflower
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
oh and i'm sorry - one other thing. on the milk....in no way can i drink whole milk. it will literally make me throw up. i normally drink non-fat but i up'd it to 2% for this (and even then it's hard going down). am i hurting myself by drinking 2%? is there something else i should do?

Sadie
07-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Sorry I didn't explain that the weight loss during weaning will come right back on in most case bringing you up to your LDW. Please follow the foods closely and limit them to proteins, veggies and fruits a little dairy and fat. The milk must be Whole Milk. Any milk with less fat has sugars added for flavor. That's a no no. Try adding milk to the Whole milk and thinning it out otherwise skip it all together for the first week.

Sunflower
07-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks Linda - your latest post has given me an all new level of relaxation. I followed your menu exactly yesterday and my weight dropped 0.2 lbs this morning and I'm feeling much better today. Last night I felt SO full even though I was stopping eating when I was done - it was almost gross to eat as much protein as I was eating. Because I was so full already on the proteins, I was barely able to get any fruit or veggie in yesterday - an apricot at lunch and a tomato at dinner. It truly speaks to how much our stomachs have shrunk in a short time.

I am going to have to skip the milk. But if it does have sugars, wouldn't that mean that I can't have it until much later in maintenance when I do start looking to add starches and sugars back in small amounts?

Sadie
07-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes, that is correct, ergo the reason whole milk only. Whole milk does not add sugar.