PDA

View Full Version : Getting worried

JodyBarton
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
I was stable at 168.4 for almost a week into phase 3. Then TOM came, and I gained 2 pounds. And stayed there for a few days. This morning I was up another 0.7 (day 4 of TOM). My LDW was 170.9 (I think), so I'm only 0.2 over that but... Now I'm wishing I went a few more days on phase 2, to give myself more cushion. I will eat a ton of protein & veg today & see what happens maņana.

Sadie
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Hang in there Jody. TOM will be gone before you know it.

JodyBarton
06-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Happy to report, I'm down 1.1 today... but still not over yet :)

Sadie
06-22-2013, 05:41 PM
That happens with HCG. Your TOM will last longer and be less predictable for the next few months.

JodyBarton
06-23-2013, 11:32 AM
ok good to know... I was up 1.7 today, which negates my 1.1 pound loss yesterday. wonder why its fluctuating so much, when I was holding strong at 168.4, then at 170.4 for 4 days each... another round is definitely in my near future, as I'm not comfortable with where I am just yet... today I start my 3rd week of Phase 3. Just to confirm, since I was so confused, the last 3 weeks of maintenance are considered Phase 4, in which I can increase my exercise?? Running & light weight lifting are what I'm waiting to start up with. Thank Linda!

Sadie
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Happy to help Jody!

JodyBarton
06-25-2013, 01:51 PM
well, that 1.1 loss was followed by another 1.7 lb gain (and I've been here for 2 days now)- even though I'm still only 0.8 above LDW. Started running today- I needed to. I'm frustrated. I ate SO much protein yesterday, I can't believe I didn't lose anything! I had over 100 grams! Doing it again today to see what happens tomorrow.

tygereye
06-25-2013, 03:08 PM
100 grams per serving, or 100 grams for the day??

Pretty sure that phase 3 and beyond is 6 - 7 ounces for a meal, and 2 - 3 ounces if it is a snack... (obviously modified depending on how hungry/what your eating)

JodyBarton
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
100 grams per serving, or 100 grams for the day??

Pretty sure that phase 3 and beyond is 6 - 7 ounces for a meal, and 2 - 3 ounces if it is a snack... (obviously modified depending on how hungry/what your eating)

I had over 100 grams of protein that day. Good to know about the portion sizes- I think I have been doing about 4 for a meal. I'm still holding strong at 171.7 5 days straight now. Guess it has nothing to do with my TOM after all. I've been using My Fitness Pal to track all of my calories & exercise. I even made my first almond flour bread last night- it was a nice change to have something like that again. Just going to keep up with my 1/2 marathon training I just started & see what happens. Sunday begins what I THINK is phase 4? My 4th week of maintenance??

tygereye
06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
100 grams of protein is what is done for phase 2, and only phase 2... Once your into phase 3, that gets increased... Maybe getting 2 -3 solid 6-7 ounce protein based meals in for the next few days will help out... balance it out with some good veggies... You should be good to go... You need way more that 100 grams of protein in a day...(I 'think' 100 grams is about 2-3 ounces) It is very strange to switch from phase 2 and eating so little, to phase 3, and "normal" portion sizes... Not what society thinks a portion should be, but a healthy portion...

Sadie
06-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Just so you know, 100 grams is roughly 3.5 ounces. That is why we advise measuring in grams as it is more accurate. Portion sizes are an eye opener on Phase 3.

JodyBarton
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Sorry. I need to clarify. I mean 100 grams of protein, as in when you keep track of your calories & fat & protein & carb intake. I track my daily calories on an app, and I can see the nutritional breakdown of what I eat per day. Eating high protein, it was well over 100 grams of protein I was getting in a day. Not referring to the weight of meat. Does that make sense? Cottage cheese is high in protein. I've been mixing that with yogurt. I have protein shakes. Etc.

Sadie
06-29-2013, 08:49 AM
You lost me but there is no need to measure protein on a scale during Phase 3.

tygereye
06-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Sorry. I need to clarify. I mean 100 grams of protein, as in when you keep track of your calories & fat & protein & carb intake. I track my daily calories on an app, and I can see the nutritional breakdown of what I eat per day. Eating high protein, it was well over 100 grams of protein I was getting in a day. Not referring to the weight of meat. Does that make sense? Cottage cheese is high in protein. I've been mixing that with yogurt. I have protein shakes. Etc.

I see what your doing... I have no idea how to transfer that to how much your actually eating though...

tygereye
06-29-2013, 05:59 PM
You lost me but there is no need to measure protein on a scale during Phase 3.

You know when you read the nutrition label, and it gives the "daily percentage" of the different vitamins, minerals, and proteins and stuff? That is what she is referring to..

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Jody, what app do you use? I'm approaching P4 and was thinking of using an app to do better tracking.

JodyBarton
07-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Jody, what app do you use? I'm approaching P4 and was thinking of using an app to do better tracking.

I use myfitnesspal, which also links to their website, and I use runkeeper for walking/running. I've used it for a while- you can add your own recipes, and get the calculation per serving it's awesome!

JodyBarton
07-02-2013, 03:05 PM
I see what your doing... I have no idea how to transfer that to how much your actually eating though...
So yes, I do not WEIGH my protein- just look at what I'm eating in grams per day like on the Nutrition Facts of a label. Apparently, we should eat over 100 g (not of weight) of protein per day... from any form.

For example Linda- if I grab my app-the nutritional facts from my whole milk used in my latte this morning:
Calories = 150
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Carbs 11 g
Protein 8 g

Those are the protein grams I was referring to, in saying I had eaten over 100 grams that day. I'm used to tracking all this stuff, as I've had to do it on Weight Watchers in the past. Now, I just do it to make sure I eat balanced- I really don't know how many calories I should be eating- one online calculator I used said about 2200 caloires/day, but that seems high?

hope that clarifies :)

Sadie
07-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Jody, I understand what you are doing. I would like you to try to get away from adding up all these things and focus more on just eating until your satisfied. One of the focuses of Phase 3 is to get your mind out of "calorie/weight watching" mode and into normal eating mode. Not really thinking about the details of the menu. Just eating real unprocessed foods. We don't want you on a "diet" or in "diet mode" for the rest of your life. Does that make sense.

JodyBarton
07-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Jody, I understand what you are doing. I would like you to try to get away from adding up all these things and focus more on just eating until your satisfied. One of the focuses of Phase 3 is to get your mind out of "calorie/weight watching" mode and into normal eating mode. Not really thinking about the details of the menu. Just eating real unprocessed foods. We don't want you on a "diet" or in "diet mode" for the rest of your life. Does that make sense.

Such great advice Linda- you are SO right! It is so ingrained in my brain that we have to count calories, from many years of no success with weight watchers. It's going to be a hard habit to break, BUT I am finding that I get full much quicker these days, and I stop when this happens. Thanks again!

Sadie
07-05-2013, 09:58 PM
So glad to hear this Jody. For some people this is the hardest aspect of Phase 3.