PDA

View Full Version : P3 breakfast suggestions

lisaks
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm about to start P3, and I'd love some help with breakfast ideas, especially for the first few days. I am allergic to eggs; I can get away with eating them maybe once every couple of weeks. Any suggestions for me?

Sadie
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Ok. Let's see, can you handle the first 3 days eating a turkey or chicken breast for breakfast. Nothing ground or processed the first week. The food won't be very breakfasty (if that is even a word :-) The second week of Phase 3 you can add yogurt and the end of the second week add Oopsie rolls.

lisaks
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I'll give it a shot Linda - the idea of turkey or chicken breast for breakfast isn't very attractive, but heck, I've dealt with worse!

Once I've added in yogurt, can I put whey protein powder in it? I've been using Jay Robb.

How soon before I can eat tofu? Towards the end of P3, or do you recommend waiting until P4?

Sadie
03-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Lisa, you are a trooper! Yes you can add whey protein to your yogurt but sure the whey protein has no sugars in it. Your best bet is to use our Whey protein as it is made with the HCG protocol needs in mind. Tofu is a starch. You need to wait until P4 for any soy products.

lisaks
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I think the Jay Robb only has stevia, but I'll read the label again.

OK, P4 for tofu. Same for soy sauce? Also, P4 for balsamic vinegar?

mdeagle91
03-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Linda,

I am on R1P3D12 is it okay for me to have a fruit smoothie for breakfast? I used a frozen (:-( I know) berry medley mix, no sugar added. It contains blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. I added half a cup of milk, water and a little stevia to taste. Your thoughts?

mdeagle91
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey Linda,

Any thoughts on the previous post?

Sadie
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately your body need protein in the morning. Can you add protein powder to this smoothie? The addition of this and fresh fruit it is perfect!

mdeagle91
03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Okay, I had a boiled egg with it. I am still suffering through strep throat so I havent had much of an appetite but I have been trying to make sure I have protein with each meal. Even though the thought of tilapia almost makes me physically ill! LOL.....Thank you Linda.

thialc
03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I read over Phase 3 again, and saw that I could have eggs. it didn't say it had to be one egg with 2 egg whites. Can I have two whole eggs? Or, do we need even more protein for breakfast? I would probably start with boiled in order to not need to put anything on the pan. :o)