PDA

View Full Version : P3 Protein load recipes?

Jenm1985
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Im still not sure how long I'm going to go with p2. But I can officially start the transition to p3 in 8 days. I'm just preparing. I know I'm supposed to eat protein every couple of hours for the first few days. Does anyone have any recipes for the protein load.

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
04-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I baked lots of chicken with rosemary to protein load with. I didn't use recipes because lean, clean proteins worked best for me. I can't eat eggs and tuna needs mayo for me to eat it. Egg free mayo has more sugar so I stick with chicken and turkey. Steak works well, too, unless you want to save steak for possibly needing steak days. Phase 3 is my favorite...good luck!

Jenm1985
04-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Ill try that. I guess I should rephrase. I just wanted some ideas in how to prepare the protein. Last round (#3) was the 1st time I did the protein load because I didn't know u was supposed to do it with my first 2 rounds. I got really sick of baked chicken with evoo n garlic lol. Eggs usually make me gain do I wait awile before I have those. Ill try the steals too. Last round I only did one steak day ( and I was actually still within my 2 pounds. I just did it for the hell if it lol)

kke724
04-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Can you use boiled eggs for protein buildup after the first week on Phase 3 or do you have to do the one egg with 3 egg whites each time? Is there anywhere that there is a sample of several days on Phase 3 so I could get a better idea of how to do this?

Jenm1985
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Personally, eggs make me gain at least at first so I usually stick to mostly chicken, and some steaks and fish. I believe you can use eggs. If you go to the p3 thread there is a detailed explanation.

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
04-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Turkey in the slow cooker, chicken or sliced beef with onions, green and red peppers with cumin and garlic as fajitas...you could wrap it in lettuce, I make stir fry a lot. I cut up chicken and then dump in stir fry veggies and extra mushrooms. I season with garlic but you could also use Braggs aminos or soy sauce. Careful with too much salt as it can affect the scale. One nice thing with P3 is that you don't need to worry about spices so you can change up the flavor of chicken and mixing veggies! I still do veal on lean days and add onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Lean roast in the slow cooker. Hmmmm, if I think of anything else I will let you know. I also recommend writing down everything you eat and what time you ate. It's helpful if you need to pin point a gain or if you need to let Linda know what you've been eating. I've found I gain with too much fat (curse you thigh meat!) or if I eat too late. Good luck :)

Sadie
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Can you use boiled eggs for protein buildup after the first week on Phase 3 or do you have to do the one egg with 3 egg whites each time? Is there anywhere that there is a sample of several days on Phase 3 so I could get a better idea of how to do this?Hard boiled egg whites are great for the high protein days.
Did the instructions at the top help to guide you for the first week? Let me know if you need additional help.

Sadie
04-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Turkey in the slow cooker, chicken or sliced beef with onions, green and red peppers with cumin and garlic as fajitas...you could wrap it in lettuce, I make stir fry a lot. I cut up chicken and then dump in stir fry veggies and extra mushrooms. I season with garlic but you could also use Braggs aminos or soy sauce. Careful with too much salt as it can affect the scale. One nice thing with P3 is that you don't need to worry about spices so you can change up the flavor of chicken and mixing veggies! I still do veal on lean days and add onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Lean roast in the slow cooker. Hmmmm, if I think of anything else I will let you know. I also recommend writing down everything you eat and what time you ate. It's helpful if you need to pin point a gain or if you need to let Linda know what you've been eating. I've found I gain with too much fat (curse you thigh meat!) or if I eat too late. Good luck :)Braggs is fine. Soy sauce is not. Soy based products are not advised for Phase 3 but you don't really need it if you are using Braggs. I love your recipes Tiffany!

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh, thanks, good to know. I avoid soy anyway so no soy sauce or braggs aminos for me.... Not being able to have soy has saved me lots of $$ at Starbucks because I quit going! (....Braggs aminos are also soy based) I've been using coconut aminos, it's aged coconut sap and sea salt. Is that ok? Food allergies are annoying but it has caused me to scrutinize all food labels and to think of everything I put in my body so a mixed blessing I guess.

Jenm1985
04-26-2013, 05:44 PM
I also recommend writing down everything you eat and what time you ate. It's helpful if you need to pin point a gain or if you need to let Linda know what you've been eating. I've found I gain with too much fat (curse you thigh meat!) or if I eat too late. Good luck :)

Unless I'm in an "I don't care mood" or on vacation, I always keep track of what I eat (blame my 1st attempt at weight watcher back in high school for that lol). And having an iPhone and the tons of apps they have its way easier. And I try not to eat past 8 anyway so that's usually not a problem. I can't wait for p3 but I still have a bit to lose so I don't know when I'm starting.

Sadie
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Oh, thanks, good to know. I avoid soy anyway so no soy sauce or braggs aminos for me.... Not being able to have soy has saved me lots of $$ at Starbucks because I quit going! (....Braggs aminos are also soy based) I've been using coconut aminos, it's aged coconut sap and sea salt. Is that ok? Food allergies are annoying but it has caused me to scrutinize all food labels and to think of everything I put in my body so a mixed blessing I guess.I have never used the coconut product it looks fine for Phase 3 second week.

Sadie
04-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Unless I'm in an "I don't care mood" or on vacation, I always keep track of what I eat (blame my 1st attempt at weight watcher back in high school for that lol). And having an iPhone and the tons of apps they have its way easier. And I try not to eat past 8 anyway so that's usually not a problem. I can't wait for p3 but I still have a bit to lose so I don't know when I'm starting.Jen, just let me know if there is anything I can do.