PDA

View Full Version : Loading day 1

Amy Leigh
02-15-2013, 01:05 PM
So I am starting my loading days today I am excited and nervous. However still have a few questions for after loading days!! Can I take Tylenol and Ibuprofen while doing this protocol?

nancybaggot
02-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi Amy and welcome!! It is an amazing journey you are beginning and there are many wonderful people here to offer you help and support. Only aspirin is allowed on P2. Be sure you read Pounds and Inches, found here on the site, today, if you have not already done so. Also, there is a section on P2 instuctions and blogs and there is always someone here to help. Loading days you can take the Tylenol and Ibuprofen and soak your skin really well with lotion, becasue none of that is allowed once you start VLDC. Good luck to you.

Amy Leigh
02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you I am looking forward to doing it but still have some concerns. I have read through pounds and inches it was kind of dry so it was a bit tough to get through. I think for me the first week will be the toughest for me but once I get in a routine it will be ok!!

nancybaggot
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
You are right....it is dry, but important to understand the science behind it and decide if it is for you. I can guarantee you it does work if you follow the protocol. The first week will give you the best losses, so though it is tough, you will do great and be so amazed with the results. Just stay in touch and do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Sadie
02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you I am looking forward to doing it but still have some concerns. I have read through pounds and inches it was kind of dry so it was a bit tough to get through. I think for me the first week will be the toughest for me but once I get in a routine it will be ok!!I am here to guide you through this protocol so if you have any questions feel free to ask me, that is why I am here. Believe me once you get the hang of it you will do well.

LadyAjax
02-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Amy! You won't find better support than right here, Linda is our ring leader with lots of advice and support and the final word on all things "Protocol" and Nancy is an amaaaaazing veteran of 6 rounds and always so supportive of those of us coming along behind her!
(Amy is my friend and I am going to go help her shop and chop for P2 tomorrow! So excited for you!)

nancybaggot
02-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Amy! You won't find better support than right here, Linda is our ring leader with lots of advice and support and the final word on all things "Protocol" and Nancy is an amaaaaazing veteran of 6 rounds and always so supportive of those of us coming along behind her!
(Amy is my friend and I am going to go help her shop and chop for P2 tomorrow! So excited for you!)

Oh Jacque, I did not realize that Amy was your friend. Thanks for your kind words :)
And Amy, you could not have a better friend to walk you through all this. Jacque has been amazing as well and I love how she just jumped right in and is so eoncouraging to everyone. I had no doubt you would do well, but now I am 1000% certain of your success :)

sierra
02-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Welcome to you, Amy! =]

Sadie
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Thank you I am looking forward to doing it but still have some concerns. I have read through pounds and inches it was kind of dry so it was a bit tough to get through. I think for me the first week will be the toughest for me but once I get in a routine it will be ok!!Welcome Amy! Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached here of through my direct email Linda@yourhcg.com
I encourage you to read the tab marked "LOADING ON HCG" It goes over the best way to maximize your loading so that you don't suffer any hunger during protocol. I look forward to your posts and updates.

Sadie
02-16-2013, 11:53 AM
(Amy is my friend and I am going to go help her shop and chop for P2 tomorrow! So excited for you!)Jacque, Amy is lucky to have you helping her through this!

LadyAjax
02-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Jacque, Amy is lucky to have you helping her through this!

Thanks. I hope so. I think she loaded well but she is very nervous about her first VLC day today, so keep her in your prayers!

nancybaggot
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Amy, how are things going for you today?

Amy Leigh
02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Jacque is a great friend and support!!! I made it through loading days and today is day one of low calorie!! Jacque was very kind and came over yesterday and helped me portion things out and give me a sense so I know what I am doing!! I woke up with a headache this morning but I am sure it is due to how I have been eating the last two days!! Knock on wood its not to bad and I am sure it will go away eventually!! Thank you for all the kind words and support I am pretty sure I am going to need it!! :)

Sadie
02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Actually the headache is due to your body detoxing. It can last a few days and often people will describe it as though they feel they are getting the flu. Please get some Aspirin and rest today if you can. Drink Green tea which will help get rid of the toxins and - as always - lots of water. Hang in there, it does get better.

Amy Leigh
02-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Things are going well I just keep telling myself ive got this!! I am enjoying some water and tea right now I was going to eat lunch but realized I need to wait a half hour due to my thyroid pill. But I eat soon!!!

Sadie
02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
You HAVE got this Amy. You are on your way. Getting the water in every day seems to be the challenge for clients early on. Just be sure you get up to 3 liters of water per day. Happy Sunday!

Amy Leigh
02-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Water is not a challenge for me thank goodness I have always been a great water drinker!!! It is going to be more psychological more than anything. I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning to see what the scale says!! I know when I see the pounds shedding it will make it easier!

nancybaggot
02-17-2013, 05:11 PM
And shed they will...you will be amazed. Enjoy the first week, becasue those losses are the highest and things do slow down after that. Just do not let that discourage you...we all experience the slowing down and even stalls and increases at times, but it is still the fastest way to lose weight that I have found.

Amy Leigh
02-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Well this evening has been rough this is when I find I eat the most I have been drinking so much I swear I am using the bathroom every 5 min I think I might just move to the bathroom LOL I hope tomorrow is better.

LadyAjax
02-17-2013, 10:31 PM
It DOES get easier, I promise!
Stay the course!

Sophey
02-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Amy, I'm really new to this too, so I feel your pain. When I think about how well everyone else here is doing (and the fact they had to get through the detox too), I tell myself I can do it too. I'm excited for you to see that scale in the morning! (You are really lucky to have Jacque there to see you through -- but you already know that!)

Amy Leigh
02-18-2013, 11:48 AM
I must say the scale this morning will make me push through no matter how hard it is!! I was down 5.4 pounds this morning pretty nice!! Of course im totally not expecting that tomorrow!!

LadyAjax
02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow! I think you're the Superstar Loser today Amy!
LOOOOOVE those first week losses, but that's the best I've seen I think!
Congratulations!

Sadie
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, Amy takes the prize for sure!! Congrats on the awesome loss Amy!!!!

Sophey
02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I must say the scale this morning will make me push through no matter how hard it is!! I was down 5.4 pounds this morning pretty nice!! Of course im totally not expecting that tomorrow!!

Wowee!!! /cheers

That is awesome. What a great way to start out!

Amy Leigh
02-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Today has been much better I made it out shopping to help a friend get ready for her her Journey!! Just had some Tea and water did not eat lunch until well into this afternoon. I hope that this evening is easier for me. I did most of my eating at night!!! However im half way through day 2 I know I can do this!!!

IdahoGrands
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I know I can do this!!!

Yes Miss Amy ~ YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! Good job so far and hang in there for the ride of your life.

sierra
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM

Great, SCOTT! You go girl.

Amy Leigh
02-19-2013, 09:02 AM
So has anyone experienced Insomnia?? It seems that ever since starting the drops I am now not sleeping . . . . If so any ideas on how I can get some sleep??

insanebassman
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I get occasional insomnia, then hit a wall and just sleep... But I deal with it by doing some slow ab workouts and/or taking a walk on the bike trails or on my treadmill, depending on time of day/weather/ mood

LadyAjax
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. I haven't personally experienced any loss of sleep, so I don't know how to advise... Linda?
Here is something Dr. Simeons says about sleep:

"Occasionally we allow a sleeping tablet or a tranquilizer, but patients should be told that
while under treatment they need and may get less sleep. For instance, here in Italy where
it is customary to sleep during the siesta which lasts from one to four in the afternoon
most patients find that though they lie down they are unable to sleep."

Sadie
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
So has anyone experienced Insomnia?? It seems that ever since starting the drops I am now not sleeping . . . . If so any ideas on how I can get some sleep??First off, it is common to not need as much sleep on protocol as you normally do. However, caffeine might be causing this. Make sure no coffee, green tea, etc after 3pm. Try a cup of Chamomille tea before bedtime as it helps to relax you.

Amy Leigh
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
I will have to try the Chamomile Tea. Yes I am very sensitive to caffeine so I know not to drink any after 12 noon. Thanks Linda!!

nancybaggot
02-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Amy, that is a truely spectacular loss!!! I really do think it is the biggest one day loss I have seen in two years on this journey. Awesome start and should be so encouraging for you :)

Amy Leigh
02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
So what are peoples thoughts about exercise?? I for some reason have a lot of energy and I am having cabin fever its such a beautiful afternoon thought about a walk

LadyAjax
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
It is recommended that you walk an hour a day. Not any marathon thing, just easy walking. Someone just posted on another forum that if you walk an hour/day you lose more inches overall than if you don't (even if the losses on the scale are equal). I'm waiting for her to get back to me with a citation or link for that study.

Amy Leigh
02-19-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah I was not thinking hard core workout!!! I was also thinking that it may help me sleep better at night as well!! Of course I know as with anything to take it easy to make sure since we are doing such a low calorie intake!!

LadyAjax
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
It's a gorgeous day I hope you guys got to the park!

nancybaggot
02-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Amy, please do not do anything heavy as far as working out in P2. You would think it would help boost your losses, but it can actually slow them down or stall. The body will go into starvation mode if you exercise too much and some people have actually passed out or felt like they were going to pass out. Light walking and yoga is all that is recommended in P2. As far as insomnia, I actually slept really well while on drops, though I did have a bit less energy than normal.

Sadie
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
So what are peoples thoughts about exercise?? I for some reason have a lot of energy and I am having cabin fever its such a beautiful afternoon thought about a walkNancy said it best above. I actually know someone who ignored my warning and wound up in urgent care so please keep it simple.

sierra
02-19-2013, 10:28 PM
I have sleep issue, but not sure why. I didn't my first round.

Amy Leigh
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Well the day has come the loss was very small today kind of depressing but I will push through and keep up . .. Only .2 but its still a loss right?

sierra
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Well the day has come the loss was very small today kind of depressing but I will push through and keep up . .. Only .2 but its still a loss right?

After about a week or so. The body will start to slow normally so no need for depression.
.2 is a loss and you should be smiling. We all would love to lose more than . something, but
it will equal out in the end. Are you measuring too?

Amy Leigh
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
I have not measured. . . I know I should

sierra
02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I have not measured. . . I know I should

You really need to keep up with your measurements.

I an one that has a real issue with my body challenging me.
If I didn't measuring I would go insane. lol I am a . here and a . there kind of
loser with thee occasional lb or so loss. I do great in inches tho. Crazy I know but that's
how this round is going for me.

Sadie
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Measuring is a key motivator for losing. When the pounds are stalled the inches are dropping.

Amy Leigh
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone!! I had a few firsts yesterday it was a fun day for me!! While eating my lunch I REALIZED I was full so I put the rest of my food away!! The hunger is going away that's for sure!!! I actually did not even eat my allotted 2 fruits!! It was a struggle to eat when I was not hungry!! So my loss was so little yesterday I was a little discouraged however this morning was 3.4lb loss that made my Thursday!!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

LadyAjax
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
So happy for you Amy! I am -quite- sure yesterday's weigh in was a TOM issue. That can make you retain buckets of water, even though the fat is still being released, as today's scale shows!

sierra
02-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone!! I had a few firsts yesterday it was a fun day for me!! While eating my lunch I REALIZED I was full so I put the rest of my food away!! The hunger is going away that's for sure!!! I actually did not even eat my allotted 2 fruits!! It was a struggle to eat when I was not hungry!! So my loss was so little yesterday I was a little discouraged however this morning was 3.4lb loss that made my Thursday!!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Yay! I'm so glad things are working out for you a whole lot better.

You have a great day as well.

Sadie
02-21-2013, 12:02 PM
That is an awesome loss Amy! If you aren't hungry, feel free to skip the fruits and melba. You will need both protein and vegetable each day though.