PDA

View Full Version : P3 Planning advice

insanebassman
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Ok,
I know I plan way too much. But that runs contrary to the chaos of my normal life, so that is just the OCD kicking in on the protocol.
I also know similar threads exist.
This one is to address two immediate issues that Crystal and I WILL have at the end of P2.

The first day of Protien loading, we have a Steam Punk con that we will be attending for 2 full days with our daughter. In Tucson. So that means Hotel, restaurant food, etc. I will pack a ton of precooked protein of course.

Then, on the 23rd of March ( about week 2 of P3) we have a wedding to attend. There will be dons of steak and cheeses there, but also sugar, of course.

So, there is are our challenges. We have already spent a considerable sum of money on the tickets and reservations for the Con, so we will not be cancelling that and I hope that Prime Rib will be ok for week 2 or 3 of P3 lol.

LadyAjax
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
As long as you don't partake of any sugar at the wedding, the prime rib should be fine for 2nd/3rd week into P3 (does it go without saying that you should not eat the big chunks of fat in your PR? ;).
It is such a blessing to have a little more freedom and ability to relax about how every single morsel that goes into your mouth is prepared.

The con on day one of P3, and all through protein loading, will be a little more complicated. That first week is -crucial- to your long term stabilization. Linda will weigh in on how to handle that.
Are you guys able/willing to eat your prepared protein the whole time?

Sadie
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Wow! This is tricky. I never advise doing anything like this the first days of P3. You will likely be very tired or weak the last day of P2 and the first day of P3. Can you at least allow for one day of high protein loading before your trip?

insanebassman
02-13-2013, 10:36 PM
This is why I am pondering ending P2 a week earlier than planned. I will be taking vacation time the Friday prior to P3 D1 but still... If I end as planed, that is 45 solid days. So, most likely a difference of about 7 or 8 pounds or so for me. (if I keep losing the way i am) I could also end 4 days early, and that means LDW on a Friday morning, Monday begins protein loading, which puts me 5 pounds short of current goal, at current numbers. But it also means 5 days of regaining stamina before hitting a convention. And I am certain 5 hour energy is not on the P3 menu (I kid I kid, I would not do that lol)

So I may have to end sooner than planned, and just work a little harder once I can start higher intensity workouts. Oh the joys or real life vs. the best laid plans.

LadyAjax
02-14-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm a fan of symmetry and round numbers myself James, and I did 45 days my first round too. But man, I just can't wrap my brain around how you could start D1 of P3 on a trip. There are just so many physical/mental/hormonal changes going on in your body at that point - it is trying to figure out how to do it's metabolic thing without the HCG, you're trying to figure out how to eat more food, and weights can/do fluctuate wildly. Because of all this it is just key to be as disciplined and regulated and "normal" and stress free (as much as possible) to successfully navigate the early days of that passage. We all want you and Crystal's P3 stabilization to "stick" and not risk having the weight slip back on.
That said, we play the hands we're dealt, and if you need to do it that way, I'm sure it could be done. Were you going to pack your own scale? I would even if you do stop the drops a week earlier. No other scale is going to accurately tell you how your stabilization progress is going and whether you need to make adjustments to your diet.
We're here for you guys, let us know what you decide and how we can help :)

insanebassman
02-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks Jacqué!

I was planning to pack our scale, and I track weight in google docs on my android phone. (I love Google Drive)

We are discussing this and seeing how we can plan with it, as we want this to be smooth as well.

LadyAjax
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Here's another way you could go James. You could do P2 one more week, through the Con, then LDW on Tuesday and P3 the following weekend.
It is a challenge to do P2 while on the road, but it can be done. I flew to another state for a family funeral and all the associated food gatherings and was able to stay on protocol. You'd have 2 days to get back into rhythm when you got home and smooth into P3 more easily.
This would make things a little tighter on your wedding plans, but you were going to have to be strictly low-carb/P3 for that anyway and would have a full week of P3 under your belt.

insanebassman
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
ok,
So P3 begins Saturday, and I am building a plan based on the words of wisdom in this sections's stickied discussion.

P3 week 1 - get your body used to larger quantities of food (same foods as P2 for most part) except add 1cup milk and 2 tablespoons fat maximum.

P3 week 2 - get your body used to higher fats, start cooking with oil (Olive Oil is great) and butter if haven't been already included it in week 1, add one of these cheese, nuts, Greek Yogurt and avocado for example.

P3 week 3 - get body used to additional no starch foods, add many different meats (ground beef would be fine), veggies, fruits, mixing things, add more dairy

So, I will be buying some whole milk, greater quantities of egg and already have a gallon of EVOO.
I will be starting the day with a steak and egg combo, and was pondering a steak and mushroom omelette, but have not researched where mushrooms fall on my scale of good veggies for this period in our diet. So there is that.
It would be better with a spiced greek yogurt, plain, (Instead of sour cream) but that will have to wait a week per the advice!

So that will comprise my days for a week. Eggs and a veggy for breakfast, A boiled egg or some tuna for snack, chicken for lunch with some veggies and an apple, another tuna or egg snack then a nice sized dinner. I will likely make milk thinned egg "wraps" with a piece of romaine on the outside for support, as a breakfast wrap. Similar to a crepe' without any flour or other milled ingredient. I have a good cast iron round griddle that will be perfect for those. Just make about 20 at a time and store in the fridge. That will be a fast breakfast so making lunches will not be such a chore.

That will be week 1. Then I can make Almonds or fresh peanut butter on apples part of week 2 snacks. (I love Sprouts and their peanut grinder)

I was thinking of modifying a toasted almond recipe, as I can get them cheap raw. Take egg whites, whip with water to a slight froth. Add 10 or so drops of English Toffee stevia. Toss the almonds in the egg whites. Dust with cinimon and toss some more. Roast at 250 for about 45 minutes, or until nice and toasted. That would be tasty but healthy week 2 snack food.

Any thoughts?

Amy Leigh
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Reading this whole thread about P3 has my anxiety at full force oh my. . . With that said that Almond Recipe sounds AAAAMMMAAAZZZING!!!

Sadie
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Amy, don't panic over it. I will walk you through as slow as you need.

Amy Leigh
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
I get anxiety about anything new I am not a person who likes change. But as with this change it is finally settling in and I am doing better!!! I have not used my inhaler in quite sometime. And can say I can walk back and forth to the park with no issues and am not winded!!! So while reading ahead I may panic and get anxiety right now I just focus on the day by day stuff and go from there!!!

nancybaggot
02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Sounds like an amazing week one, James. And I love the almond recipe!!! I absolutely love P3 and the variety. Do not stress, Amy...it is all about trial and error and finding what works for your body. There is no "one size fits all" in maintanence, becasue everyone reacts differently to different foods. I can actually eat an entire loaded baked potato without gaining with a good reset, but I have other HCG friends who avoid the carbs almost totally in order to keep the weight in check. You have to find what works for you and you will :)

LadyAjax
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I make a similar nut recipe with pecans that I am looking forward to in a few weeks :)
(egg white whisked with stevia and cinnamon and a dash of salt, tossed with 2 1/2 cups of pecans, then baked in a single layer for about 30 minutes at 300 degrees, turning every 10 minutes.)
Quite a tasty addition to a salad or whipped cream and berries. :)

Amy, this is an amazing forum and there is soooo much support. Feel free to post about your fears, especially as you begin a new phase. There are a ton of "veterans" here who have all been-there-done-that and KNOW how hard the psychological battle is. Often just knowing you're not alone is the key to successfully navigating this journey!

Sadie
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
James, i was thinking about your recipe with egg whites, I would be sure to add the liquid stevia after baking as liquid stevia seem to turn bitter when baked.

insanebassman
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM
I was wondering how Stevia reacted to cooking. The original recipe calls for sugar with the cinnamon. I was thinking the stevia in the eggs would add the requisite sweetness. Looks like a post toasting toss in some stevia will be best, then let it sit out and completely dry before packaging.

LadyAjax
02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Mine is an adaptation too. Last round I used a mixture of Splenda/Sugar Twin and Stevia powders (thinking that a mix would alleviate some of the "fake" taste), but was planning to just use stevia drops this time, thanks for the "heads-up". I didn't notice any bitterness last time, so I wonder if the powdered stevia alone would work okay.

insanebassman
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Supplement question:

How soon in P3 can I add things like Ginko Biloba and Biotin, if it contains no sugar? (Gelatin and Cellulose yes) But nothing artificial.
I also was taking a green tea powder in natural capsules.

Sadie
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I was wondering how Stevia reacted to cooking. The original recipe calls for sugar with the cinnamon. I was thinking the stevia in the eggs would add the requisite sweetness. Looks like a post toasting toss in some stevia will be best, then let it sit out and completely dry before packaging.I would try powdered stevia instead. Let me know how it turns out.

Sadie
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
James, regarding your supplimentes, I would think after the first week of P3 it should be fine. So long as the capsules have nothing starch based or sugar based in there.

insanebassman
03-04-2013, 01:22 PM
What pace should I keep on my cardio/walking/jogging/Yoga right now?(Being R1P3D3)

Sadie
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM
mild to moderate maximum until the third week of P3. Then slowly increase the intensity.

insanebassman
03-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Ok, next weekend is the end of our 3 weeks of adding various foods to our diet. I think this week I will be trying 97% lean ground beef and almond flour. (Pan fried bread as hamburger buns :) )

BUT... we can add a starch or a grain if I am reading it correctly as early as next weekend. For me, I was wanting oatmeal. I am craving that particular breakfast addition. Natural rolled oats from my local farmer's market to be exact.
Long grain rice also sounds greaat.

And then there are the rice and beans I am craving, but that will have to wait.

Hummus as well. With home made zucchini chips...

But I digress. What is a good "First Carb/Grain"?

insanebassman
03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
and notice, no mention of the Johnny Walker Black in my cabinet hee hee hee

Sadie
03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
First off, start with simple starches: small red potate, 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup brown rice. Have one selection. If the next day you don't gain more than .3 - .4 pounds then try another option. If you gain. No new starch or sugars. Wait until your body calms down. Then try again. The sugar options I would use are 1/2 banana, handful of grapes, a ripe peach, 1 tablespoon sugar. Things of that nature. Go slowly and methodically. Phase 4 is where things quickly get out of hand so be on your guard. You are doing great though so I have every confidence you will both do fine. If you hit a bump, you have my email.

insanebassman
03-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks Linda! The half cup of oats is my usual, 4 ounces measured by volume, dry. I would usually have honey and butter, but think it will be stevia and a tiny bit of butter.
Brown rice sounds fabulous.

So, was that dry measures on the rice and oats?

Sadie
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Nope, servings.

insanebassman
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
alrighty! I will wait a few extra days, just out of paranoia.
thanks!