PDA

View Full Version : Medications for Thyroid

IdahoGrands
01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
I am not sure if you've posted this. I've read so many of these post they blur....I take prescription Armour Thyroid for Hypothyroidism(Hashimoto's Disease) and am wondering if I should continue to take this while on protocol? I didn't take yesterday nor today but starting hurting some and thought maybe I should. I know you are not supposed to take hormone replacement and the Armour Thyroid is a hormone.
Thanks in advance for checking this out for me.
Valorie

Sadie
01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Yes, you must always continue medications until your physician says otherwise. Although it can slow your weight loss only your physician can change your medication dosage.

IdahoGrands
01-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks ~ That is what I finally came too and took my meds.

Sadie
01-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Let me know how you are doing.

sierra
01-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I am not sure if you've posted this. I've read so many of these post they blur....I take prescription Armour Thyroid for Hypothyroidism(Hashimoto's Disease) and am wondering if I should continue to take this while on protocol? I didn't take yesterday nor today but starting hurting some and thought maybe I should. I know you are not supposed to take hormone replacement and the Armour Thyroid is a hormone.
Thanks in advance for checking this out for me.
Valorie

I have Hypothyroidism. I continued my meds and lost 45 lbs. I didn't feel it slowed it at all as I had lost pretty good throughout my round. Everyone's body is different though. Hope that helps some. Good luck hon.

IdahoGrands
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Sierra ~ Thanks for you comment. I was hoping that this wouldn't "slow" me down. I noticed you did a super long round. I have the 30 day round drops, but if I understand correctly there are actually 3-5 days more drops in the bottle so I'll go until there are no more drops. I CAN'T imagine loosing that much weight. I'm getting so excited about the prospects...It seems that for the last three years since I've been in the autoimmune flares my weight has just ballooned. This will be exciting (Dance Walk Baby) exciting.

Congrats on your hard works and the results that have come your way.
Val

Sadie
01-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Valerie, don't be concerned with the medication. We will help you maximize your losses. You will do great!

sierra
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Sierra ~ Thanks for you comment. I was hoping that this wouldn't "slow" me down. I noticed you did a super long round. I have the 30 day round drops, but if I understand correctly there are actually 3-5 days more drops in the bottle so I'll go until there are no more drops. I CAN'T imagine loosing that much weight. I'm getting so excited about the prospects...It seems that for the last three years since I've been in the autoimmune flares my weight has just ballooned. This will be exciting (Dance Walk Baby) exciting.

Congrats on your hard works and the results that have come your way.
Val

You will do great I'm sure. I we will be dancing together. =]