PDA

View Full Version : Garlic

seslucke
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Why does minced garlic cause a problem? My husband and I just started phase 2 on the 25th of February. We are both losing weight and quite pleased with our results. I fixed a really good supper with the allowed beef amount (100 gr each), and cooked it with about a teaspoon of minced onion, a very small amount of fresh herbs, (I don't know if they are allowed, thyme, sage and rosemary) fresh ground pepper, small amount of minced garlic and I canned tomatoes from my garden and used 2 small pieces in the sauce. Simmered the beef until it was tender and added approx. 1/3 head of a small green cabbage, sliced up thin. It was excellent, but I don't know if everything was allowed. I will get some garlic powder, but I just wonder about it. I will know tomorrow when I step on the scale!

Sadie
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
There are a couple of problems with this recipe. First, you mixed vegetables. Only one vegetable is allowed either tomato or cabbage unfortunately not both. Minced garlic is a problem. We advise using powdered garlic as the oils in minced or fresh can interfere with the hCG. The body is very sensative on protocol. Early on you won't see the interferance as much as you will a little later on but it does impact your weight loss.

seslucke
03-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, thanks Linda. I didn't realize that the very small tomato (I have since bought garlic powder and onion powder) maybe 1 Tablespoon would interfere. I will try to make our food taste better with something else.

Sadie
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Awesome! I know it can get kind of boring but keeping it simple works best.

Stefani
03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
ok so I bought the cook book you sell on this site and it has recipes with garlic in them and on the threads you are saying no to garlic unless it is powder, so I'm wondering did I get an old cookbook or have you just revised it but haven't reprinted it yet?

Sadie
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I didn't personally write the book. I have found garlic powder works best.

Stefani
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't personally write the book. I have found garlic powder works best.

thank you very much, Linda...I am feeling so well prepared at this point and I am glad to have you here to help me with all these little things that add up to big things...

Sadie
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Any time you need me just ask. If I am off line send me an email. I will get back to you ASAP. Linda@yourhcg.com.