PDA

View Full Version : 3 months post pardum question

dgaray
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi, I had my baby 3 months ago & recently got my first period for 2 weeks. I started my HCG on Friday & tomorrow will be my day 4. I had light spotting today, is this normal or should I be concerned? We havent been "safe" since we had our baby & now im worried I should have taken a pregnancy test before I started. Any tips???

alaskanjessie
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Take a pregnancy test then you won't have to worry. I had a really long period my first round with some additional spotting

Sadie
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
The HCG does mess with your period. I would just take the pregnancy test to put your concerns to rest.

LadyAjax
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Are you nursing dgaray?

dgaray
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
im not nursing, test was negative but I am bleeding heavier today. Got my first period since birth on 9/10 -9/24 started HCG on 9/28 and now bleeding again. not sure if this is normal or due to the hcg.

Sadie
10-02-2012, 09:08 PM
It is the HCG in all likelihood. Hang in there!

LadyAjax
10-02-2012, 09:42 PM
It could totally be your normal hormonal system readjusting itself after delivery. I started my period 3 months to the day after each of my children were born, and both times it was wonky. Long periods, spotty periods, just not "normal". I have had friends who had 2 and 3 MONTHS of bleeding after delivery. In this situation not normal IS normal.
However it could also be the HCG overriding that same system. But it is something that has been in your system, in 10's of thousands of times higher levels than you are taking right now up until just a few months ago. I think you'll be all right.
If you start to really bleed super heavy (like you're hemorraging), definitely go see a doc about that, but otherwise my recommendation would be to just wait it out.

alaskanjessie
10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
dgaray- Last round I had a heavy period for about 2 weeks and then this round I've started early and anticipate it to stick around for a while.

Sadie
10-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Most clients see their TOM return (if they haven't had one for a while) or stick around for a long time (if they have regular periods). Not to worry, your cycle returns to normal within about two months of finishing your round of HCG.