PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for more freedom

LadyAjax
09-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I am definitely loving the increased freedom of P3.
Yesterday I went to the Farmer's market and it was so nice to be able to taste little tidbits again.
"Why yes! I will taste that organically home canned asparagus, and I WILL try that fire roasted red pepper purree (I didn't eat the pita chip it came on), and why I do believe I will have a few of those raspberries!"
And just now I was mixing salt into some fresh ground almond butter ('cause we don't like it naked) so I could make my kids sandwiches and I tasted just a tiny smidge to make sure I got it right (I'm not up to eating nuts or nut butter yet) - so different from a few days ago when I was paranoid if I even got some of the almond butter on my hands! LOL

That was one of my biggest challenges of P2: trying to season food for my children so that they would eat it without tasting it to know if I got it right. Aggravatingly, they are still young enough that they don't really get seasonings, and if it isn't "right" for their first bite, they will then turn up their noses and refuse to try another bite even if more sweet (e.g. oatmeal) or salt (e.g. dinner) has been added. I think they just got overly sweet/salty food for 48 days, LOL

Anyway, very much enjoying this "taste" of freedom, but strangely also looking forward to my next round already! LOL

Sadie
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah Jacque! the flavors are so wonderful during Phase 3!