PDA

View Full Version : target protein for "loading"

LadyAjax
09-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Is there some target grams of protein we are shooting for in a day during the first few days of P3?

Is there some upper limit of fat grams that we are hoping not to go over? (same question w/carbs)

nancybaggot
09-19-2012, 09:12 PM
6-8 ounces of protein breakfast, lunch and dinner with two 3 ounce snacks between. You may not be able to eat a full chicken breast at one time due to your stomach having shrunk, so eat what you can, put it aside and come back to it later if necessary. Be sure you get the protein in first...it is the priority. Fat is 1T and carbs...I assume you mean fruit, can be 2 fruits with the addition of berries. Does that help?

LadyAjax
09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
No, I was more thinking of my calorie counter that I've been using during P2 (http://cronometer.com/).
Today's protein intake was about 72 grams, compared with yesterday's intake which was 32 grams.
I think Linda was concerned about my weight gain from yesterday being related to not enough protein, and she advised me how to correct it. (looking forward to weighing in tomorrow!)

But everyone says "avoid ______" because it has added sugar or too much fat, but we're also advised to eat fruits and vegetables as long as they are not on the "starchy" list, but that is just so random and variable.
I mean, if you eat a whole medium apple, it's about 25 grams of carbs, but if you eat 5 strawberries it only is about 5 grams of carbs. So how could it make a difference if some sauce or seasoning packet has 1 or 2 grams of carbs?

Sadie
09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Carbs are not the problem with fruits. We are concerned with the natural sugars in it. That is why low sugar fruits are ok. high sugar like bananas melons etc should be avoided at all cost. However, for you your menu will be comprised mostly of proteins for the next week with no new foods until next week. Always go with food that are in it's natural state. Nothing processed,