PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for Phase 4

Sadie
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Instructions for Phase 4
During this phase you are maintaining your LDW while adding back in all forms of sugar and starches.
It is imperative that you go very slowly doing this. You must maintain within 2 pounds of your LDW and anytime you exceed it by 2.1 pounds you need to immediately do a Steak Day.

Always start with a natural form of sugar and starches like for sugar use fruit banana, handful of grapes; For starches eat cup oatmeal or brown rice, 1 small potato etc. Each week build up to more complex forms of sugar and starch.

As always you need to watch the scale. If it jumps over pound your body is a bit sensitive to the sugar or starch you ate before. Try that same food again in a few days or so. Only this time eat just one of the potentially offending items either sugar or starch so the problem can be identified. Once it is identified you will know what you need to watch in your daily diet and plan your menu accordingly.

The object is to re-acclimate your body to all foods while maintaining your LDW.

P4 week 1 - get body used to natural sugars and starches, limit 1 per category per day
P4 week 2 - continue getting used to natural sugars and starches, limit 2 per day
P4 week 3 begin adding complex processed sugars and starch like bread, cake, cookies etc

As always let me know if you need anything.

verandatoo
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi Linda, M6y hubby and I start R1P4D1 on Saturday. I am really missing things like beans and lentils and just want to make sure I re-introduce them at the proper time. Which week of phase 4 can I add these back in?

Sadie
03-15-2012, 10:27 PM
You can start adding them as a starch option one at a time the first week. 1/2 cup only though.

mdeagle91
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi Linda,

I am on R1P4D27. I know that at this point I can begin adding in natural sugars but how are honey and agave nectar classified. Can I begin adding them slowly as well?

Sadie
03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Absolutely fine. They are both considered sugar do go slow.

mdeagle91
03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Okay, thanks I will. So far on maintenance, I seem to encounter problems with nuts and sometimes cheese. The starches have gone well so far. I am still three pounds below my LDW!!!

Sadie
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Just remember go slowly adding sugars.

mdeagle91
03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Also, when can you add bacon, sausage, etc?

Sadie
03-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Bacon or sausage is fine late in P3 and in P4.

Slim
04-29-2012, 10:24 AM
why there's no phase 4 on YOURHCG.COM?

Sadie
04-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Phase 4 is the final phase of the maintenance phase. It is also described as Normal Life phase. This is where you add sugar and starches back in slowly. You need to maintain your LDW through out this phase. There is no dietary restrictions during this phase once all forms of sugars ans starches are added back in.

melanie
05-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Should I start counting calories in P4?

alaskanjessie
05-06-2012, 07:27 PM
No just let your body tell you when you are hungry and eat clean with the occasional treat and you should be just fine

Sadie
05-07-2012, 11:17 AM
You will know when you are hungry. Eat normally and most importantly STOP when you are full. Listen to your body. It will crave healthy foods. Keep processed foods to a minimum.

mtillery3
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
is it best to eat gluten free on the life phase?

Sadie
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Not necessarily. It depends on your body type. I am hypersensitive to it so I must avoid it. If you aren't stick with high fiber as a rule.

melanie
05-21-2012, 05:54 AM
What about yogurt cream cheese in week 2 P4 should id be low fat or not?
Can I have bread?
Also what veggies are better can or frozen (I know fresh is best but my kids wont eat them they like veggies in a can and frozen) :(
Thanks !

nancybaggot
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
You can definitely have full fat greek yogurt and cream cheese in P4...actually, you can have them in P3. Full fat for everything from now on, nothing low fat. Bread is the last thing you add, last week of P4, unless you are using sprouted grain breads like Ezekiel breads. My personal opinion is that frozen veggies are better than canned...canned are processed and usually high in sodium and preservatives. I always read labels now and do not buy anything with an ingredient I do not know or cannot pronounce.

melanie
05-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks Nancy! Im about 4 weeks till vacation and 3 weeks left in P4 Im am goimg to try to eat as good as i can But there will be eating out and fast food And Im scared to death of gaining my weight back! What do you suggest ? Can I have salad dressing if i eat a salad? should the salad dressing be full fat ? Can i have salad dressing now?? Im so use to eating free everything Now from what I understand I should Not eat fat free?? steak grilled chicken Im soooo glad I start R2 after vacation sorry for all the questions ! thanks Melanie

nancybaggot
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Your questions are never a problem...that is what we are all here for. I love that you are doing so well. I still stick pretty much with ranch dressing when I eat out, and limit it to a very small amount. I do not buy anything fat free anymore. Often time when fat is removed, sugar is added, so avoid fat free. I have used full fat dressings for years, since I did weight watchers and was told to avoid the fat free becasue of the sugar content. I just use very little dressing, just enough to help flavor the salad. I would suggest that you take your scale and keep track of your weight. Watch your portion sizes and stick with grilled meats, chicken, fish, veggies, salad and if it were me, I would avoid all desserts and starches. I know it is hard on vacation, and the tendency is not to worry, especially if you are doing another round right away, but any weight you gain is weight you will just have to lose again. Vacations are really tough, but if you focus and keep weighing, you can adjust to really lean eating if you see the weight start creeping up. Don't forget to keep up your water intake as well.

melanie
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks Nancy you have been so helpful ! I do not want to gain no weight on vacation I hope thats possible. When I start round 2 July 1 do I load for 2 days ? then go to P2

nancybaggot
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, start the HCG drops and loading the same day, July 1 if that is what you have decided. Two loading days before moving on to VLCD. P2 is actually anytime you have HCG in your body, so your loading days are part of P2, as are your three weaning days after LDW. I am sure you will do well.

angelsis66
09-28-2012, 11:22 AM
When in p4 can we start having pasta or quinoa? Im on p4d1 today, and am just alittle confused on simple sugars and starches.Im also celiac so all my pastas have to be gluten free. Thanx

Sadie
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Look on the P4 instructions here for a implimentation schedule. I would start the pasta and quinoa the second week. Go slowly when adding them
back in. What specific questions do you have about the sugars and starches? Always start with natural forms of starch and sugars such as brown rice for starch and 1/2 banana for sugar. The work your way up to complex / processed sugars and starches by the third week of P4. Let me know your specific questions so there is no confusion for you.

Tiffany Reynolds Volkman
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Steak day question...does it matter how close to the next round a steak day is done? I am over the 2.1 range and start my next round in 4 days. The gain is food related and not TOM related. Thanks!

Sadie
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
The guidelines say, if you are over you should correct the gain. Some people - when they are so near starting again do not correct that small of an overage. The damage done will be fixed by the round you are able to start. You can do a lean protein day today which will net you about .5 - 1 pound loss. However, you do have 4 days before starting your next round and you will be close to your LDW threshold. Hmmmmm. The choice is yours.

Sunflower
11-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi Linda, is there a complete list of P4 foods (like on P3 where there are many different foods listed) - I'm sure it's here and I am struggling to find it. All I see is banana and brown rice during week 1. I guess I'm not clear on what is natural and what isn't...if I could get a list of 3-4 different types of the week 1/2/3 foods, that would really help me out. Thanks....

Sadie
11-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Actually no. The goal of Phase 4 is to ease yourself back into normal food. You start with natural forms of sugar and starch and work your way up to processed forms of sugars and starch like bread, cookies ice cream etc. Some people like me choose not to add any processed sugars and starches back in. Whatever way you choose to do it start with simple forms and work your way up according to guideline I posted above.