PDA

View Full Version : bad headache and very hungry D7 of VLCD

Helen
09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi all,

I'm on D7 of VLCD and felt okay the last couple days, and today, I feel weak, light-headed, headache, and STARVING! any thoughts? I've already ate part of my alotted lunch, drinking green tea. Any suggestions appreciated.

Helen

Sadie
09-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Helen, I am so sorry you are struggling. The first 10 days are like this especially if you didn't eat enough fat the first two days. The good news is that you are through the worst of it. It will improve from here on. Are you drinking lots of water as well as tea? Water - at least 3/4 of a gallon or 3 liters is the minimum amount I would advise at this point. It helps with the hunger and with detoxing as well. Hang in there.

nancybaggot
09-17-2012, 04:49 AM
How are you feeling Helen? Is the headache better? Hope so and that you are losing well.

Helen
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi, I'm losing- down 18.6, but the flu is going around my work, and I'm incredibly nauseous right now. In fact so nauseous that I'm struggling to take the drops- the thought of them make me vomit- I have been dizzy, stomach pain- I don't recall this from past rounds a couple years ago- this far into it. The last couple days have not been good- so much so, I'm considering stopping at 23 days, oh, and I'm starving all the time. After I eat, I feel okay for about a 1/2 hour, then I'm starving, haven't been sleeping well either- kind of a mess. Any thoughts?

Helen

Sadie
09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh Helen, I am so sorry for you! I hate to say this but I have got a bad feeling that you might have that bug. Try drinking peppermint tea if you can and turn your chicken in to broth by boiling it until it dissentergrates. I would add vegetables as well and let them melt into the soup. I hope to hear I am wrong. Am praying for a speedy recovery.

Helen
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Its day 18 of drops, and I'm down 22 lbs! I am so happy about the weight loss. I have done rounds of hcg in the past, but by far this has been the most difficult. I am starving! I eat every allotted crumb, take my drops, and on occasion took an extra drop when its been bad. I am for the first time stopping at 23 days- I hope I can hold out. I am actually afraid of how I'm going to feel, because the drops will be out of my system (on their way out anyway).

My other problem, is that I've been having some chest pain. My doctor wants me to stop the hcg- as of Friday, I haven't yet, because I'm not at 23 days...I don't want to gain back what I've lost. Linda, any guidance would be helpful. Oh, on the plus side my cholesterol and triglycerides are normal!!!! Thanks hcg.

Thanks,

Helen

Sadie
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Helen, I cannot advise you on medical conditions. Your physician is the final authority. What did he say in the diet or HCG was causing your chest pain? Did he ask you to stop as a precaution or is he simply ignorant of the HCG protocol?
As far as stopping, if you do stop you will need to wean from the HCG for three days before increase your food. You will maintain the diet for those three days. Let me know what you decide to do.

Helen
09-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks Linda for responding. This a.m. I had pain too...it comes and goes. What my Dr. did was adjust my thyroid medication, but also felt my body wasn't getting enough nutrients. I honestly don't know her level of understanding of HCG. Yes, she did advise that I stop since the pain started after the Hcg drops started and I have no past hx of such. So, it saddens me, because I'm happy with my weight loss, but I'm going to stop the drops, and maintain the VLCD for the next 72 hours. Then go on to phase 3. Thanks for your help.

Helen

Sadie
09-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Good idea! Always protect your health first. After the 3 days of weaning please move to Phase 3 and follow the instructions for that. You will have lots of nutrients during this phase.

Helen
09-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, fortunately, I do that phase well- knock on wood. Thanks again.

Sadie
09-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Any time. Please stay in touch and let me know how you are doing.

LadyAjax
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
And the rest of us out here w/o any expertise are also worried about you and wonder how you're doing!

melanie
10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
WOW 18 days and down 22 lbs ! You are doing awesome !!
Ive been a little hungry this round to :( I just drink drink drink green tea and water ! Every round seems to be differant.