PDA

View Full Version : forum question

LadyAjax
08-20-2012, 12:37 PM
IS there any way to search previous posts? I have never participated in a forum where I just couldn't make the search bar/page work. Is there a trick?

Last chance
08-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't know what kind of searching you are doing, but I keep up with all the new information by going to "new posts" in the dark green bar directly under "Forum". Anytime there is new activity on any of the different threads it pops back up in New Posts. It's too bad that in the last few days so has a lot of spam :( Not ideal but better than checking through all the different forums and threads!

howdidigethere
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
along the lines of questions....why do I still show as a "guest"? I'm signed in, I cant find anything in my settings that is preventing my info from showing.....

howdidigethere
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I mean geez....even the spammers info seems to show :D

dipperlicker1313
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Mine was showing guest for a while also and then one day it just switched

LadyAjax
08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Checking the "What's New" tab is what I do on a daily basis LastChance, but I am wanting to be able to search for previous threads before I post questions. I assume that most things have been discussed before.
For example, I recently started a thread title'd "Jerky" and there were a few replies, but if I type that word in the search box I get the message "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Is there some other way I should be searching?

I don't know if my profile showed as "guest" or "member" - I don't think I even noticed that label until y'all mentioned it :)

Sadie
08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
We just developed this forum last November. Although I built this system out with the information I did not develop the program. I wish I had the answer to all your questions but will ask.

LadyAjax
08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Can't ask more than that, Thanks! :)

Sadie
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll let you all know what I find out.

LadyAjax
09-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Since this thread got spammed, I thought I would share one back-door trick I found that helps in searching old posts. I tried just searching google, including the forum URL and got some decent results.
Basically, if you copy/paste the following line but replace the terms inside the quotes with what you are looking for, Google will bring up threads that have that term in it.

site:community.yourhcg.com "almond flour" http://community.yourhcg.com

Hope this helps anyone else that might be looking for a post they remembered but couldn't find, or info on a topic to see if it had already been posted.

Sadie
09-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Thank you so much Lady! That is helpful.

LadyAjax
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Glad I could help! :D