PDA

View Full Version : Guess who has a 25.5 inch waist?

bellaturi
07-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Omg!!! I was depressed because I've only lost a pound this week (thanks to TOM), but I felt thin, so I measured! Wow! I'm amazed, that's six inches off my waist in six weeks!

melanie
07-20-2012, 03:29 PM
That is great ! CONGRATS!!!!!

nancybaggot
07-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Don't forget to measure and record every week. When the losses seem slow, the inches are usually up. Awesome report and you are definitely what us oldtimers call a "skinny minny".

bellaturi
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Nancy! My 35 year old neighbor walked her 4 year old over to play with my five year old and she said the same thing! "look at you, skinny minny!"...I'm 47 and have not been this thin since before having my oldest, he's 14:)

nancybaggot
07-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Awesome!! I am 56 and haven't been this thin since before I got married. We are rocking it!! For me, though, now that I have lost it all, I have to learn how to stay here and that is almost more difficult than losing it in the first place. But I love the way I look and I want to stay here, so I will find a way to do that.

martiP
07-21-2012, 04:06 PM
You guys rock!I have been trying on old clothes like crazy--it is such a wonderful feeling! I can't go as long this round as I did the first, as I am running out of HCG and I just can't afford another bottle right now. I plan on doing a round 3 in the fall. I am down almost 3 sizes since I started my first round in April! Yee-hah!

melanie
07-21-2012, 05:14 PM
WOW all you skinny minnys!!! Congrats to all !!!!!!
I cant wait !Im in a size 10 not quite skinny yet LOL Way to go Marti 3 sizes THATS AWESOME!!!!!!
Im going to do 30 days Im just so done with round 2 ughhhh I will do round 3 too. Probley in aug or sept
R2P2D21

bellaturi
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I ran out of drops today, coincidently, I saw my chiropractor yesterday and she said, "don't loose anymore, ten lbs tops...". Sometimes you need another women's opinion. She's right, I have high cheek bones and I don't want to loose anymore face fat. I'll take a sz 8 or 10 over looking old!

Nancy, I'm scared of phase 3. I'll start my 3 weining days tomorrow. I did Atkins for 8 mos., should be similar right? I'm also starving, I really think shorter cycles may be better! I'm p2r1vlcdd47 -28.6 (45.4 total, with Atkins loss).

nancybaggot
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
47 days is a long time. I did that on my first round, but all the others were 23-30. I found that I did not lose enough in the last few weeks to make it worth the effort, though some still lose well all the way through. So I definitely preferred the shorter rounds. I have not researched Atkins in quite awhile, though hubby and I did it many years ago, and I understand there have been some changes. I much prefer P3 because of the greater food choices. You will do fine, just remember to go slow, which is really hard after a long round. You avoid all carbs and focus still on fresh meats (nothing ground or processed or pork), non starchy veggies and fruits. Becasue I am tall, size 8-10 is really thin, but I love that I can fit into them. Just read Linda's info on P3 and stay connected here. Good luck to you in P3.

bellaturi
07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks Nancy! I read Linda's journal, she only lists 2 vlcd's after drops, but it is 3, correct? I'll never do a long round again! I cheated on day 21 and had to do 21 more! I'm 2 lbs from goal so I forged ahead.

nancybaggot
07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes, it is three days...takes 72 hours for the HCG to get out of your system. Bummer on the cheat, but you are almost to goal and were able to get there in one round, so that is awesome!!! Some lucky people still lose during weaning, but usually put those pounds back on when they starting protein loading. Either way, I would say you have definitely had a successful round.

bellaturi
07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks Nancy, one drop free vlcd down 2 to go...I'm up .4 from my lwd? Could be a little steamed yellow squash yesterday messed me up! Err, can't wait to eat my garden veggies! I've got zucchini, squash, toms and cucumbers, plus a rainbow of peppers...2 more days!!!

nancybaggot
07-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Possibly, since the squash is not part of P2 protocol. And for some reason, the zucchini needs to wait until P4, but the rest of your garden is right around the corner for you. Stay with the same P2 veggies for the next two days until all the HCG is out of your system.

bellaturi
07-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Sugar on the Zucchini! I'm going to shred and freeze some. My Mother in law made it tonight with scrambled eggs and mint. It's a favorite Italian side dish...I passed, but it was hard! Hope my dh is down there eating the rest. Thanks for telling me no zuchs, I would have had them.

Sadie
07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Nancy is a wealth of information.

nancybaggot
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Five rounds will give you a wealth of information...LOL

So, how did you do on your second VLCD without drops?? That zucchini and mint in scrambled eggs sounds really good...is it a recipe you can share or a family secret??

bellaturi
07-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Nancy, I did great, today's the last day, I'm going to keep my cals low and hopefully, be back at my ldw. I'm only up .4 now:). Start p3 tomorrow. Here's the zucchini recipe:

EVOO in med frying pan, heat to med/high add chopped zuchini (med thin slices halved or quartered). Salt and pepper to taste (add a dash of crushed red pepper if you like).

In a dish beat two eggs, salt pepper to taste.

Chop a half a handful of mint (fresh only). Set to side.

As the zuchini becomes transparent ass the eggs over the top, fold over until cooked through add mint, stir add Parmesan cheese over top and serve.

It's oh so yummy!

My dh is a Chef we own to fine dinning restaurants;)

bellaturi
07-24-2012, 06:25 AM
"Add" the mint and stir the eggs in a dish not fish! Dang smart pod!

Sadie
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
LOL! I will edit the posting for you.

bellaturi
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks Linda! I'm off to find the phase 3❤...food list;). I ate a lot of deviled eggs on Atkins, but I'm guessing Mayo may not be a great idea?

Sadie
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
It can be fine in moderation. However I would not begin using it until after the first 4-5 days on maintenance Phase 3.

nancybaggot
07-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the recipe. Will try it when I move into P4 and can add the zucchini. Hope you do well on protein loading.

bellaturi
07-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Nancy and Linda,

I'm up 1.4 from my lwd, p3 started yesterday, I did a steak day and only lost .6. I'm drinking over a gallon of water. Maybe too much water? My rings are tight. I believe I'm ovulating and that can cause me to gain:(. I'm going to do high protein today, right?

nancybaggot
07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
I am sure Linda will concur when she checks in, but several problems that I see. Before I address those, the information you need for today. The first 3-5 days on P3 are definitely high protein...6-8 ounces of lean animal protein three times a day and two snacks of 3 ounces of protein. Foods are very similar to P2, though you can add eggs, a bit of milk or cream for your coffee and you can begin to mix your nonstarchy veggies. Check out the P3 section for detailed information. I drink a gallon of water most days and you can definitely gain related to hormonal cycling throughout the entire protocol.

AS far as a steak day this early, steak days are for a weight of LDW+2.1 and not for anything lower. Also, what did you eat yesterday on your first day of P3? Is that when you had the steak day? Usually when you gain early in P3, it is either protein deprivation or adding things in too quickly. Once the HCG is out of your system, your body defininitely can go into starvation mode if you do not replace the protein quickly...thus the protein loading. You meed to be eating protein every few hours, not starving yourself until dinner for a steak day. Please eat chicken, fish, steak, turkey, whatever you like, also egg whites are high in protein...all day today and stay in touch so Linda can guide you through. I will be leaving for the next ten days, and may or may not have regular computer access. I will try and check in, but I want to be sure you get back on the right track after all your hard work.

Sadie
07-26-2012, 09:54 AM
As always Nancy is correct. You should not be doing or needing steak days until at least the second week of Phase 3 if you are following the instructions for this Maintenance period. PLEASE do not do a Steak Day unless you meet the criteria to do one.

Sadie
07-26-2012, 09:56 AM
I am sure Linda will concur when she checks in, but several problems that I see. Before I address those, the information you need for today. The first 3-5 days on P3 are definitely high protein...6-8 ounces of lean animal protein three times a day and two snacks of 3 ounces of protein. Foods are very similar to P2, though you can add eggs, a bit of milk or cream for your coffee and you can begin to mix your nonstarchy veggies. Check out the P3 section for detailed information. I drink a gallon of water most days and you can definitely gain related to hormonal cycling throughout the entire protocol.

AS far as a steak day this early, steak days are for a weight of LDW+2.1 and not for anything lower. Also, what did you eat yesterday on your first day of P3? Is that when you had the steak day? Usually when you gain early in P3, it is either protein deprivation or adding things in too quickly. Once the HCG is out of your system, your body defininitely can go into starvation mode if you do not replace the protein quickly...thus the protein loading. You meed to be eating protein every few hours, not starving yourself until dinner for a steak day. Please eat chicken, fish, steak, turkey, whatever you like, also egg whites are high in protein...all day today and stay in touch so Linda can guide you through. I will be leaving for the next ten days, and may or may not have regular computer access. I will try and check in, but I want to be sure you get back on the right track after all your hard work.Have a great trip Nancy.

bellaturi
07-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Hi ladies, I was up over my ldw by 2.4, Iessed up during my no drop days:(. So I did a steak day as day p3d1. Then only lost .6, but it took me to 1.6 under, so yesterday, I did heavy protein. My fitness pal tracks, so 56 % protein; 36 fat and 8 carb.

Breakfast 3 boiled eggs, two whites one yolk and a 6oz London broil
Lunch 4oz grouper and 3 stalks asparagus
Snack large salad Braggs and 4 oz chicken
Dinner London broil 5.5 oz and celery sticks with homemade artichoke dip (it's low carb but has parm cheese in it).
Snack 1 oz Swiss cheese
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

So that's still 1125 cals and I cleaned house for 8 hours plus a walk.

I'm up a pound from yesterday, 2.6 up from ldw.

I was going to skip the dip today, skip the steak, try lots of chicken and salad and still eat the 3 eggs for breakfast?

I'm starving btw! I ate until full yesterday.

Sadie
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I only listed 2 days??? It was three. I will recheck my post.

Sadie
07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I checked my original journal and apparently when I retyped it I forgot one of the weaning days. I have corrected the journal. Nice catch bellaturi!! Thanks!

bellaturi
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm only .2 over my ldw, lost 2.4 overnight. I've weighed 4 times over two hours and re calibrated my scale. Its spot on.☀

nancybaggot
07-28-2012, 09:03 AM
First chance I have had to check in, but looks like you are settling in nicely. Your food journal looked good to me and looks like all the numbers are good today. Just take a day at a time and don't add too many new things too quickly and you will be fine. I try not to be too concerned with the numbers during the first week of P3, as long as I know I am eating the right things and not overdoing it. From my experience, things begin to settle out after the protein loading. Have a great weekend :)

Sadie
07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Sounds perfect!