PDA

View Full Version : Up 1 ib the first day

Debbiec
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi, everyone,
I hope you guys are doing better than me. Yesterday was my first protein loading day (R1P3D1). I had 1 large hard-boiled egg and 2 egg white and roughly 1/4 can of tuna as breakfast, 3/4 can of tuna as first snack, 7 oz of steak (London Broil) and cucumber as lunch, 3 oz of steak as secone snack, 7 oz of chicken breast and brocolli as dinner. This morning I gained 1 lb compared to my weight yesterday. This made me really worried. I didn't lose much after my LDW ( only 1.4 lbs) therefore, up 1 pound is close to my LDW already and this was my first day. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong (eating too much???) or what else do I need to do? Thank you all for your help.

Sorry about the typo in the title it's 1 lb.

Sadie
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I like the amount of protein you ate. You didn't use any sugar added seasonings or marinades did you? Did you drink water during this day? This actually happened to me during a round and the next day I was back down. Let me know on the above.

Debbiec
07-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Thank you for your answering. No, I didn't use and sugar. I only use salt, garlic powder, black peppar and dried red pepper. I did drink a lot of water (more than 7 liters which roughly equals 224 oz). It was actually more than what I drank during phase 2. I drank about 6 liters=192 oz of water during phase 2. Would it cause the problem. Thank you.

Sadie
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, too much water is way too dangerous. I would like you to half that. Drink MAXIMUM of 3 liters today. Let me know how tomorrow goes.

Debbiec
07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you. I have already had 3 liter water intake today, but I will try to limit myself to only drink another 0.5 L today. I will definitely let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Debbiec
07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Linda,
I ended up drank close to 4L water yesterday and my weight this morning showed a 0.2 lb gain compared to the day before. I will try only drink 3 L max today to see if I can bring it down. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Sadie
07-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Still eating high protein. Steak, turkey breast, chicken, fish, egg whites?

Debbiec
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes, I ate exact the same thing plus one medium white peach yesterday.

Sadie
07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Avoid the peach in case it is high in sugar.

Debbiec
07-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi Linda,
Yesterday I tried to drink less then 3L water and this morning is down .8 lb compared to yesterday.
i still had one peach though
i got your advise too late. But I will do it today to see if that's a problem. Thanks.

Sadie
07-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Let me know Debbie. Try not to worry, we will figure this out together.

Debbiec
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi Linda,
Today my TOM came. Would my problem be caused by my TOM?
Thank you for your help.

Sadie
07-10-2012, 09:04 PM
YES, MOST DEFINATELY! See, I knew there there was a reason for the gain. So glad we have our answer. You will hopefully be back down in weight tomorrow. I look forward to your update in the morning.

Debbiec
07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi Linda,
this morning it's up .4 lb again. I didn't have peach but had 5 strawberries. I hope it's ok.
I am hoping this up and down (or up and up...) will go away when my TOM finish and I am trying not to focus on this too much for now and see what would happen.
I am on my Day 5 in phase 3 and I am pretty sure that I have enough protein intake but I am doing another protein loading day today. Starting tomorrow, I will cut down to 3 meals a day only with 6 oz proteins each meal plus veggies and fruits to see if it also makes a difference.
I will let you know what happen.
Thank you for your patience and help. We are very fortunate to have you here to help all of us getting through all these difficulties and confusion. Thanks a lot.

Sadie
07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Debbie, you are sweet! I am glad I can be here to help through this very scary time. I want you to back off the protein today. Increase the vegetables today and keep water intake up.

Debbiec
07-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi, Linda, Thank you for your advice. I followed them and this morning it's 1.2 lb loss compared to yesterday. I am so relieved. Thank you so much. I am hoping that my weight will go down a bit more when my TOM ends but I am not holding my breath. Thank you so much.

Sadie
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Wonderful news Debbie! Let me know how it goes from here on out.

Debbiec
07-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi, Linda,
My weight this mornign came back up a 0.8 lb gain again. What did I do wrong? My menu was 1 egg and 2 egg white for breakfast, cucumber and 6 oz chicken for lunch, and brocolli and 6oz steak for dinner. I drank about 4L water. Today is my day 7 in phase 3 but I am still at loss what to do...
I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you.
By the way, should I have some protein as snack or not?