PDA

View Full Version : Starting Round 2 ?

melanie
06-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi all Vacation is over and I am Planning on starting round 2 tomorrow Sunday July 1st and 2nd as loading days my question is my TOM started yesterday and usually last 3-4 days can I go ahead and start now? Or should I wait till TOM is compleatly over? I lost 25 lbs in a 47 day round one . Im thinking if doing a shorter round this time 25-30 days. any thoughts Thanks !

nancybaggot
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome back Melanie. How did things go on your vacation? Did you have a great time? Looks like you will be waiting a few days to start your new round. You need to finish up TOM before starting drops. You don't want anything to interfer with that magical first week of losses. I am not a fan of the longer rounds...25-30 works much better for me, but my daughter is on the second week of her second 60 day round, so it is totally your decision. I found that my losses were much better the first three weeks, but others can lose well toward the end, also. Good luck and great to have you back.

melanie
06-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Nancy Everything went great on vacation I left last Saturday 6/23 back today 6/30 .. when I left my weight was 156 this morning it was 158 and my LDW is 159.4 so I guess i did okay and i have my visitor (TOM) ugghhh
I want to get started but I will wait till tom is gone.

nancybaggot
06-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Melanie, that is absolutely amazing!!! What an accomplishment for you. You certainly did much better than OK.

bellaturi
06-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Melanie, if you wait till the day after the 4th of July, I saw someone else was starting then, and you'll have a buddy;)

Bella
R1d26vlcd -18

Sadie
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Melanie, how impressive! Now THAT is how it is done on vacations.

melanie
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Thank you!
TOM is still here but fading. didnt start drops today but I will start loading tomorrow

Sadie
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Poor thing! I know how it feels to want to get going.

martiP
07-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I loaded Sat and Sunday and am now starting my 3rd day of drops and the VLCD. Pre-loading my weight was 181.4, this morning it was 184.6--ugh, but I know its from my pig-outs loading, and expected. This will be R2 for me, lost 26 pounds on the last round which I started in early April. Here I go again!

Sadie
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome back Marti! Welcome to VLCD, at least you don't need to stuff yourself anymore. :-)

martiP
07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
It felt very unnatural. I found that while on phase 3 and 4 I was really eating the "good' foods, and I felt like a real pig during loading. i am a bit headache-y this morning, but it has been very hot here with high humidity. I am anxious to try some nice tomatoes from a farm stand this week--who woulda thought I would be excited about asparagus and tom
atoes, lol!

martiP
07-02-2012, 09:50 AM
melanie, sounds like you are raring to go--that's great! i am menopausal, so dont have to worry about that, but I really wonder if that has any effect on my weight loss. I did 40 days last round and lost 26, which is good--but I wonder if I would lose more if i was younger. I just started round 2, so let me hear how you do, we are all in this together!

Sadie
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Marti, menopause definately can impact this protocol. I speak from experience.

nancybaggot
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Good luck Marti with R2.

melanie
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
melanie, sounds like you are raring to go--that's great! i am menopausal, so dont have to worry about that, but I really wonder if that has any effect on my weight loss. I did 40 days last round and lost 26, which is good--but I wonder if I would lose more if i was younger. I just started round 2, so let me hear how you do, we are all in this together!
TOM is a pain ! Didnt get to start today but TOM is finally gone and I will start drops in the morning !! Loading and headace Fat fat fat here I come LOL
Best of luck to you Marti !!!!! Thanks all Melanie

martiP
07-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Keep posting, Melanie--I will too, it keeps me going. Almost through D1 of Round 2. I am trying to drink a lot of green tea, but its pretty nasty. Also--I am peeing constantly! I guess that's good, but it sure is inconvenient when you are out and about!

melanie
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I love green tea ! LOL How many days are you doing this round ? In R1 i did 47 days I think in R 2 i will do 25-30 days

martiP
07-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Melanie, I am planning on 25-30 days. I did 40 days on R1. I would like to take off 25 pounds more. I tried putting some lemon in the green tea, and I will also try some Stevia. My guy loves green tea from the local convenience store--but it has NutriSweet in it and I know that's not allowed. Second day! I just got back from the store and I bought boneless skinless chicken tenders..two of them (give or take an ounce) weigh out to 100 grams, which is equal to about 3.5 ounces, our amount allowed. Soooooo, I bagged them and put in the freezer...I'm set for awhile! We can do this!

Sadie
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Marti, great idea!

melanie
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
UGHHHH Im so bloated I feel like a pig .... Today is my first loading day I have a awful headache I need sleep....I went shoping yesterday and got my chicken and fish in the freezer got some tomatos and apples ready to get started!

Sadie
07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Melanie, I can't tell you how many times I have heard this exact same thing from people when loading. Hang in there!!

melanie
07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Gained 3 lbs on first day loading...Day 2 loading ! More fat lol

Sadie
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds about right Melanie! You are doing great. Drink a quart of Heavy cream today to be sure you have fully saturated your blood stream with fat.

nancybaggot
07-04-2012, 06:49 PM
You are almost done, Melanie!!! Hang on and then the losing starts again for you :)

Sadie
07-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Nancy, how did the 4th of July go for you? Any challenges?

nancybaggot
07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Did great and I was only up 0.2. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I had my usual chicken and beef fajitas with grilled onions, pico, shredded lettuce, salsa and just a spoon of guacamole. I am usually up a bit becasue of the salt when I eat Mexican, but I have learned to stay away from all the carbs and still enjoy the meal. So now I am back to tuna and roasted chicken and apples today to even things out.

Sadie
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
So glad you did so well yesterday.

Just a little personal information on me. From the last round I did, I have been able to maintain THAT weight loss. I am still way over my original LDW but as least I have been able to maintain my losses from last round. Maybe my body is finally adjusting to the change in life. I am hopeful another round will get me back to normal.
I have really enjoyed onions lately sauteed with bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes. Very satisfying and I am enjoying my break from the usual Phase 3 brocolli / cauliflower combo.

nancybaggot
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Linda that is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you and I know you are thrilled to be leveling out from a hormonal standpoint. I love the sauteed veggies, and roasted as well. My daughter actually taught me to roast asparagus and it is to die for. I have added all the other allowed veggies in the same pan and roasted away...much nicer flavor in my mind ( a little salt, pepper, garlic and evoo) I love peppers, but they do not like me...they will talk to me for days, so I have had to eliminate them, but I will try adding the tomatos to my mushrooms and onions. I also have some trout and redfish in the freezer that my soninlaw caught a few weeks ago, so the veggie saute would be great with the fish. I am just so amazed at how my entire outlook on food has changed. A year ago, I would never even consider fish in a restaurant, unless it was fried, and I never cooked it at home, other than salmon, which I think most restaurants overcook. I was a beef girl and always ordered beef or fried fish. Now I look for restaurants where I enjoy the fish and vegetables and those have become our "go to" places. But mainly we eat at home becasue I know it is better for us and more economical. WOW!!!

Sadie
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for celebrating my small victory with me I knew you would appreciate the impact this had
Drag about the bell peppers barking at you! I really enjoy them. I cook them down quite a bit and it seems to limit the heartburn.

nancybaggot
07-05-2012, 05:39 PM
That is not a small victory, Linda...that is huge!!!! I can only imagine how difficult it is to work so hard on this protocol and then not get the results you want and deserve. Part of the reason you are so good at this is that you have experienced exactly what we experience and you are not just talking off your head. You know first hand what it is like. Way to go, girl!!!

Sadie
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks Nancy! Bless you for your encouragement

melanie
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Linda and Nancy you were both a big help for me in round 1. Im excited to get round 2 started.
Thank you for all your help !
R2P2D3 lost 2.6 YAY !!

nancybaggot
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Great start, Melanie. You are going to do very well this round, I am certain. You did an amazing job maintaining and on vacation, no less. Looking forward to following your progress.

martiP
07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I agree, too, Linda, you have "been there and done that" ! Your posts are so very helpful. I am now 8.3 pounds down from my first day of protocal. I am now in a "number" I have not been in for 4 years. It's so gratifying! Nancy, you are an inspiration. In fact, everyone is on this board! Thanks for helping me keep on track!

nancybaggot
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Melanie and Marti losing together...M&M...what an exciting journey!!!

melanie
07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah M&M! I know that R2 seems to be a little harder :( More cravings

Melanie and Marti losing together...M&M...what an exciting journey!!!

martiP
07-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I wonder why that is?(that the 2nd round is harder) i was just saying today that I have not really had any kind of dessert since Easter--might have had a cookie at work one day before school was out, but I did 40 dys on my R1 and really did not cheat at all. I truly did not have any real cravings, but I sure am grateful for that Grissini breadstick 2/day. I tried dipping it in cinnamon and stevia like someone suggested, and it really helped. I used several drops of vanilla stevia and then sprinkld cinamon on it. Can't remember where I saw this posted, but it did help!

bellaturi
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I posted it and I'm day 33, wish I had figured that one out sooner! The Mint Green Tea with Vanilla Cream drops is also sweet!

bellaturi
07-18-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm r1vlcd43, I'm on my second day of TOM, same weight since Saturday:(. I'd like to lose 5 more pounds, however, I'm starting to feel hungry. I'm trying to decide if I should stop the drops today or push through this stall? Any suggestions? Total lbs lost -27 on hcg 44 all together.

nancybaggot
07-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Tough call...TOM usually affects your losses, but Linda usually recommends not stopping drops on a stall or a gain. If you think you can, I would probably try pushing through and plan to stop as soon as you have another good loss, which will put you even closer to the 5 pound loss you would still like. That is very easy for me to say, since I am not in your position, but you are so close...just a few more day :) Good luck with whatever yoou decide. You have done amazing either way :)

Sadie
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
I would take it day by day Ballaturi, you will know when it is time to stop.

bellaturi
07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Grasshopper ;), I stayed on and put on my new 4/6 shorts, kept me sane. I'm really in an 8 or 10 but this brand runs large. Whatever tricks my brain!

Nancy, thanks for your response too, I very much appreciate it.

melanie
07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Wow I cant wait to be able to fit in ANY 4/6 You are doing AwESOME!!!

bellaturi
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks Melanie!