PDA

View Full Version : Protein Ideas for Phase 3???

emyjane5550
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I will be starting Phase 3 in a few days. I have read alot about the 3 meals w/6 oz protein and 2 snacks w/ 3 oz protein. My question is, how do I figure out how much protein is in things. I also need ideas for snacks. I know I can have chicken, and new to phase 3 tuna, but what else? If you can tell me where to look on the site, that would be fine or if you have any ideas of some protein ideas, I would appreciate it. Then I add in vegis to eat along with the protein right? Im pretty nervous about phase 3. Thanks!!!

Sadie
06-25-2012, 08:00 AM
You will want to eat the protein the same way you did while on phase 2. You can quess the size with the palm of your hand as 3 ounces and the entire hand as 6 ounces. For eggs in the morning have 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. For snacks have 2 hard boiled egg whites.

Barbara Pfarr
06-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Emyjane, you do eat veggies with the protein, and the good news is you can mix them now. And you can add turkey breast. Linda says stick to the same foods as P3 for the first week, but i usually add lean ground beef pretty soon in P3 and broccoli and cauliflower.

Sadie
06-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, just to be safe I limit ground beef to the end of the second week or beginning of the third week.

emyjane5550
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Is the turkey breast in the deli or in the sandwich meat section ok? Im wondering about the processed meat thing. So in week one I can add eggs, turkey breast, tuna, and vegis (on the non starchy list)? Am I correct in that I need to wait until week two of Main. for cottage cheese?

Sadie
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Nope, deli meat is not ok until later on. You don't want processed foods like pressed meat. The meat is fine beginning the first part of Phase 4 or at the very earliest the end of Phase 3.

perez228
06-26-2012, 08:35 AM
After reading about what is actually in deli meat I'll never touch it again. One thing HCG has done for me is open my eyes to all the chemicals and preservatives I was eating and giving to my family.....no more!

Jon Hildebrand
06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
I used to incorporate tuna as well. Recommend to stick with the ones that are packed in water, rather than oil. I had and continue to have excellent success with tuna as a protein option even outside of dieting phases.