PDA

View Full Version : Phase 3 (1st week)

Slim
05-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I start P3 on 5/28/12 and I have the following questions:

How many times a day should we "try" to eat? 6 (3 main meals/3 snacks)?

2 tbl of fat...for cooking eggs can that be Pan Spray or should it be Butter?

1 cup of milk...for my coffee can I use creamer instead of milk (if its not sweeten) or should I just avoid it for now?

Personal Skin/Hair care products...I can now USE my own products?

Gloves...I can throw away the gloves LOL?

FYI ~ P2R1D27 last day of weaning...down a total of 23.8 lbs...23lbs at my LDW :-)

Thanks!!!

Sadie
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
#1 5 is fine
#2 spray is fine
#3 no. Whole milk, half and half or heavy cream only. If H & H or cream only a couple of tablespoons a day. Nothing processed AT ALL through Phse 3
#4 Use them on day one of Maintenance
#5 yes

mtillery3
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
i saw somewhere that bacon is okay to eat. is this right?

Sadie
05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Nope, not until later. Bacon is processed food anything processed or altered is not allowed.

melanie
05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Can I have bacon or turkey bacon in P4 Im in week one

Slim
05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank You for anwering my questions Linda :-)

Sadie
05-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Happy to help Slim.

girlwithHPtattoo
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi Linda or anyone that happens to be on and can answer my question lol...is tuna allowed the first week as a protein/snack? Thanks in advance...Mari

R1P3D1 on 5/20/12

Slim
05-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't have the listed handy...but, I will go directly by the list....

girlwithHPtattoo
05-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't have the listed handy...but, I will go directly by the list....

Thank you Slim, I have the list and it mentions lots of things for this phase but that can't be used until week 2, so it gets a bit confusing. I have been reading a lot of the threads and some say yes but not sure if week one is ok...

Slim
05-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I know...I have done the same thing over and over...LOL...lets wait to see (read) what Linda says :-)

girlwithHPtattoo
05-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I know...I have done the same thing over and over...LOL...lets wait to see (read) what Linda says :-)

I will, thanks again!

Sadie
05-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Tuna is fine on week one of Phase 3. Limit the mayo though

girlwithHPtattoo
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
WOO HOO, man did miss my tuna! Thanks Linda!

Sadie
05-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Anytime! Glad you are happy.

brabants4@gmail.com
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
OK so gearing up for Week1 of Maint 1..... I read on here somewhere that a good snack was Cheese Sticks.... is that so??? Thought we werent to have Cheese in week 1??? thanks all

nancybaggot
06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
You really need to wait until Week 2 to start adding in cheese. Some people do, but too much fat and dairy too early can cause you to start gaining. Good luck to you in P3.

brabants4@gmail.com
06-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you!!! That is what I thought!! I did read somewhere also we can have 8oz of whole milk in the first week? Just wanting to make sure as I plan to add my whole milk only latte back in that week

Sadie
06-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Plain whole milk is fine 1 cup is the limit though the first week.

nancybaggot
06-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes, you can have the milk.

brabants4@gmail.com
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Thank you Linda... just want to make sure I do Maint right this round... I totally screwed up round 3....

Sadie
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Most problems can occur when using skim or low fat milk. They add flavorings to make it taste better. That is why we advise plain whole milk.

ssieber
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Are you finishing R4? That's where I'm at and am so discouraged that we have to do P3 for 10 weeks.

nancybaggot
06-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I actually just finished R5 because I did not stay in P3 for the 10 weeks and I never did stabilize, unlike my other three rounds. I never did a steak day until the very end of R3 while on vacation, so becasue I had done so well, and I had reached well below my goal by the end of R4, I decided to do a different P3 protocol that only required three weeks in P3, no matter which round you were on, and it definitely did not work for me. I did OK in P3, but after the three weeks, instead of the suggested 10, I started adding in the P4 foods and began to gain and did one correction day after another for months. I could get back within range of LDW, but just could not stay there. So I just redid my last round and this is my first day of my last P3. I know 10 weeks is discouraging, but I am sticking with what I know works this time. Good luck to you.

ssieber
06-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Nancy, I think I remember you from another round. I need your support! I have 2 more days of drops and I don't think I'm going to make it. I have always done very poorly on P3. I've had to do 2 steak days a week for months. I do want to lock in this time-I don' t have anymore to lose, but the thought of 2 1/2 months has me very discouraged. That means all summer with no glass of wine on our porch! Please help me get perspective. I've lost close to 45 pounds, i'm 61 and i wonder if this seld-denial is worth it. My email is ssieber@cclf.org.

Sadie
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I know you feel like it is forever but look at it like this. It is only one summer to sacrifice wine. You can still have the evenings just without the wine.

nancybaggot
06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
I am definitely with Linda on this one. I also sent you an email, so let's stay in touch :) WE can do this :)

ssieber
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Nancy will you resend your email? Nothing came through ssieber@cclf.org. Thank you.

nancybaggot
07-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I just resent it...did you receive it this time?? Not sure what happened. How are things going today? This is my third day of P3 and weight is the same as yesterday...LDW +0.2 So far so good :)

Sadie
07-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Great news Nancy! I pray that maintenance for this round is kinder to you.

nancybaggot
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks Linda. I am taking things very slow and am in no hurry this time :)

Sadie
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
As always, you are wise!

ssieber
07-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Nancy,Tomorrow is my last day of 500 calories so I'm still losing. I did have a victory today...had company and made my wonderful homemade hot fudge sauce. I did not lick a spoon or the bowl! What have you been eating? I'll have egg/egg whites in the am with chicken as my snacks. Will do a salad with lots of veggies and have green beans and peppers at dinner. My only fat will be 1/2&1/2!!!! In my coffee. As long as I add non starchy veggies I shoul be ok for the first week, right? Do you expand your fruits? Blueberries?

Sadie
07-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Ssieber, don't have the green beans just yet and you need to avoid starchy vegetables until the beginning of Phase 4. You will not be allowed any for of sugar or starch during the maintenance phase.

nancybaggot
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Nancy,Tomorrow is my last day of 500 calories so I'm still losing. I did have a victory today...had company and made my wonderful homemade hot fudge sauce. I did not lick a spoon or the bowl! What have you been eating? I'll have egg/egg whites in the am with chicken as my snacks. Will do a salad with lots of veggies and have green beans and peppers at dinner. My only fat will be 1/2&1/2!!!! In my coffee. As long as I add non starchy veggies I shoul be ok for the first week, right? Do you expand your fruits? Blueberries?

Awesome!!! How are things going for you today?? Linda is right about the green beans...have broccoli or cauliflower or asparagus instead. We grilled turkey legs and roasted two whole chickens on the grill last weekend, and I cooked a beef roast, which I have been eating on all week. Also had asparagus and summer squash with green onions, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Yes, I do expand the fruits...blueberries, raspberries and blackberries and I still eat apples and had a few plums this week. Eggs most mornings for breakfst, but I did add a little greek yogurt with berries yesterday for breakfast, which was nice. Today is D6 for me, so I added some tuna and ranch dressing on my salad. I am up a little, but that is not unusual for me. I tend to jump around a bit the first week-10 days before things settle out.

Sadie
07-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Nancy, you are so seasoned at maintenance. You know what works and what doesn't work on maintenance. I am grateful to have you helping out on this site. I always know the clients will get correct information from you.

nancybaggot
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks Linda. Can you clarify the green beans...do I remember that they are OK if they are fresh? I never really think of green beans as a starchy vegetable. Also, zucchini...is it really considered a starchy veggie as well?? Sometimes I question myself, no matter how seasoned, becasue I have done so many diets and they all have different guidelines.

Sadie
07-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, green beans are fine after the first week of P3 if they are fresh. We don't want them from cans. That is why i don't advise them until P4. For most of the clients they will want to eat them from a can or frozen which isn't advised.
Zuccini is too starchy for P3. I would wait until P4.

nancybaggot
07-04-2012, 07:32 PM
That is what I thought I remembered about the green beans. Having grown up in the south, I never eat frozen and rarely canned...love fresh green beans and I was pretty sure they were OK. Thanks for clarifying the zucchini as well.

ssieber
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I too thought starchy veggies were corn, peas, and winter squash. I only eat my veggies fresh no frozen or canned. How can I determine what is ok - glycemic index? Carbs? But don't you also subtract fiber from the carbs to get net carbs?

Barbara Pfarr
07-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Go back up to Linda's instructions for Phase 3 - there's a link to a list of non starchy vegetables right there.

nancybaggot
07-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't really understand why certain things are allowed and others aren't, but Barbara is right about the yourhcg list being on the website. We certainly have alot more choices in P3 than we had in P2, so I am always happy to hold off on the full range of foods until P4. So how are things going for you? I was up 0.2 this morning, but we ate out yesterday, so I am definitely happy it wasn't more. Back on track today and loving P3.

Sadie
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Nancy, 0.2 is a small price to pay a Mexican restaurant. So happy for you.

nancybaggot
07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
My thought too, Linda. I know the cardiologists tell you that Mexican and pizza are two things we should never eat, and I LOVE them both. Have to find a way to get my fix and still be healthy...rarely and in small amounts, but not "never" in my book :)

ssieber
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you for the reminder to check Linda's instructions for P3. She had a link to the ADA for the list
of non-starchy veggies. On the list was zucchini-plus I was shocked to see sugar snap peas, carrots and rutabaga. So I'm still confused...where did Linda get the no zucchini rule?

ssieber
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Today was 1egg/2 whites with spinach. Chicken for a snack. Lunch was tuna on a salad of lettuce,cukes, tomatoes and peppers. Leftover tuna for snack. Dinner beef and same salad as lunch. Fruit was strawberries and an orange. Oh yes 2 T of cream in my coffee!

nancybaggot
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I checked the list again myself, and you are right about the link. However, this is my 5th round and following Linda's guidelines (which aren't really her guidelines, but those of Dr. Simeon) has not failed me yet. I did deviate last round and as a result, had to redo the round becasue I did not get a proper reset. There are many different "plans" out there and people who do not follow the original protocol, but yourhcg follows the guidelines set out by Dr Simeon in Pounds and Inches. Looks like you are doing great on your food choices. What day is this for you? I am R5P3D8 and at LDW+1. I do not worry about ups and downs as long as I stay within the two pound range. By the way, did you ever get my email?? I sent it a third time and also sent you my private email address.

ssieber
07-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi nancy, I never got your email but will check my junk and spam - no offense! I gained 1.8 from the menu I sent you- found it very discouraging. I'm now terrified that I'm going to have to do a steak day on my third day of P3. I'm only .9 away. This is what happened my last 3 rounds - huge weight gains and up to 2 steak days a week. What am I going to do?

Today was eggs, chip, tuna, 1/2 apple, celery, chix, chix, salad, green beans, and strawberries, Doing the protein loading with 4-6 at meals and 3 at snacks.

nancybaggot
07-06-2012, 06:53 PM
You probably need a bit more protein...6-8 ounces at mealtime and 3-4 ounces for your two snacks. I am on D8, but I was actually over the 2 pound mark for two days becasue I was not eating enough protein. Your food choices are good, though not sure what chip is...but you need more protein. When you gain early in P3, it is usually not enough protein, unless you are adding in things to soon, like cheese and nuts. Don't do a steak day this early...just focus on the protein and see how your weight does. It does not make sense that the more you eat the less you weigh, but with the protein, it is the case. I was down 1.4 this morning finally, so only now 1 pound above LDW and I stuck with chicken and tuna all day yesterday. Also, I responded to your private message on this site and sent you my home email...not sure why you are not getting the emails.

ssieber
07-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Thank you! Chip is cihix without my glasses!

nancybaggot
07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
LOL...now I understand :) Like the Chickfila adverts..."eat more chickn"

ssieber
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi Nancy-how are you doing on the weekend? We are in the car coming back from 9 days at our cabin. My weight came down this AM. .2 above Ldw, I 'm really pushing the protein. Today is d3. You go 4-5 days protein
Loading days? Have you added nuts yet? Last rounds they we're easy for me to add.

nancybaggot
07-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Great...so your body is responding to the increased protein!! I usually do a full five days of protein loading, just to be on the safe side. I have always added nuts in fairly early in P3, but this round, I think they are giving me more problems. This is D9 for me and I was back up this morning. Yesterday, I had a few nuts and two little cubes of cheese and I shared a brownie mug cake with my husband, so I know that was too much in one day. Back lean today with a protein shake for dinner, so will see what the scale says in the morning. The weekends are usually hard for me, since we usually eat out and I just expect to be up on the weekend.

ssieber
07-08-2012, 05:39 AM
When you've done multiple rounds like we both have it is soooo tempting to add quickly. I had a big loss yesterday and am over 2#s below LDW. Nuts here I come! If all is well then Gk. yogurt is next. Let me know how the protein shake works. Do you use Hcg's?

nancybaggot
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, I have both Yourhcg protein shakes and Jay Robb...ingredients are pretty much identical. I have already added in the greek yogurt, but have backed off on the nuts and I was back down today to LDW+1.2 Two pounds below LDW is wonderful...everything worked out when you increased the protein. I have been doing the same thing, though it is hard for me since I am not used to eating so much protein. I just have to go slow on the "snacky things" like nuts....and I do so love nuts. Tomorrow I am going to make some chocolate delights...they have always been good to me in past rounds. I lost 1.4 this morning, so back in range. Eating lean again today without any new additions.

ssieber
07-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Good job, We ate out twice yesterday and I must have made good choices since I stayed the same. Do you know what a serving of nuts would be? I try to count out and bag 24 and limit myself. Peanut or almond butter is my downfall. Today is day 5 of protein loading but I love protein - the last 2 mornings I have had tuna salad for breakfast!

Sadie
07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Good job, We ate out twice yesterday and I must have made good choices since I stayed the same. Do you know what a serving of nuts would be? I try to count out and bag 24 and limit myself. Peanut or almond butter is my downfall. Today is day 5 of protein loading but I love protein - the last 2 mornings I have had tuna salad for breakfast! A serving of nuts is like a small palm full - roughly 2 tablespoons.

ssieber
07-10-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm ashamed of myself. Yesterday was D5 of P3 and I was down 2.2 from Ldw and thought I was all set. Had lite soy sauce, peanut butter, Greek yogurt and lots and lots of servings of nuts. PLUS a couple of T of dark chocolate nibs (what was I thinking!!!) This AM I was up 4 pounds!!!! Do I eat like the 500 calorie days until I'm back down or am I ruined?

nancybaggot
07-14-2012, 07:57 PM
I have been without my computer for over a week, and I am so far behind. How are things going? I am sure you are not ruined and I hope you are doing well :)

ssieber
07-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I just sent Linda an email. I can't seem to add anything without a large weight gain. I'm on D12 and discouraged. How about you?

Sadie
07-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't recall an email from you. Can you resend it? I know how frustrating it can get. Phase 3 is like that. Hang in there and send that email again ok. We will figure this out together.

nancybaggot
07-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I just got back from two days in Galveston with my son, daughter and granddaughter, and I definitely ate things I should not have. Also did not take my scale, so I am certain it will be steak day tomorrow. I was doing fairly well before I left, but it is so hard when you travel and get off your routine and don't get all the water. I am sure Linda can check out what you are eating and give you some suggestions. Just stay positive and I am sure it will work out. I just know I am going to need quite a long time in P3, so I am prepared to do whatever I need to do :)

ssieber
07-18-2012, 09:22 PM
How did it go, Nancy? Did you have to do a steak day? I'm .75 above but not doing a steak day since it has not been caused by sugar or carbs...I think I need to relax about this whole thing. I wake up at night worried about the scale...this sure is hard! I keep telling myself that not many women my age are back down to what they weighed at 22 so I have to be willing to put in the hard work! I didn't hear anything from Linda.

Sadie
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
How did it go, Nancy? Did you have to do a steak day? I'm .75 above but not doing a steak day since it has not been caused by sugar or carbs...I think I need to relax about this whole thing. I wake up at night worried about the scale...this sure is hard! I keep telling myself that not many women my age are back down to what they weighed at 22 so I have to be willing to put in the hard work! I didn't hear anything from Linda.I never got an email from you. Please resend it. Linda@yourhcg.com.

nancybaggot
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe there is an issue with your emails, since we never were able to connect and I know Linda and I can communicate fine. I am doing a correction day today finally, since I am 3 pounds above where I need to be, but I am not concerned about it. I did eat a few bites of carbs while in Galveston and was not surprised with the increase, but I know I can get back into range. My current LDW is 138, which quite frankly, is way too low for my height and body build. I agree that we cannot expect to weigh what we did at age 22, and even though I do, I don 't feel that it is realistic to stay here. I feel most comfortable at 140-145 and when I start creeping closer to 150, all my new clothes start feeling tight, and I will not go there. We all need to find what works for us and where we are the most comfortable and what we can live with for life. Some of us may have to give up or severely limit some of the things we love to eat, but we are all adults and must decide whether we want to be overweight or whether we are going to stay here and do what we need to do. Relax and just take a day at a time. You know you are doing what you need to do and P3 is not strict like P2, so it is a bit of a minefield. And realistically, we are not going to weigh the same thing everyday of our life because our bodies are always changing hormonally, possibly salt, not enough water, digestion sluggish one day becasue we did not get enough fiber...Just relax and keep doing what you are doing..it will work out :)

Sadie
07-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Well said Nancy.

peaches8462
09-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi! I am on day P3R1D3 and am wondering about portion sizes. I read the frequent protein etc but I am finding that I am not very hungry most of the time. I lost 1lb after one day of maintenance, but have since settled back at my LDW of 148. If I am eating when hungry, is that okay? I tallied my calories just to see and am eating about 700 a day. Thanks!

Sadie
09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Peaches, lack of hunger is to be expected. You are doing it perfectly. You will likely take a few bites and then be done. No problem. Just come back to it a little later and have a few more bites. Do not force feed yourself. If you have bites of protein every few hours that will be sufficient.

peaches8462
09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks Linda, It is crazy to not have hunger like I used to. Definitly enjoying this new feeling and excited to start one more cycle next month!

nancybaggot
09-19-2012, 11:40 AM
How are things going today Peaches? It is an awesome feeling to lose weight and be in control, isn't it?? Enjoy P3.

kettyann13
04-06-2014, 12:55 AM
How much mayo could you mix wit a can of tuna?

Sadie
04-06-2014, 09:48 AM
2 tablespoons maximum.

kettyann13
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Thank you.

Sadie
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Anytime. Happy to help. If you are unsure of anything please let me know before you eat it.

moni232829
05-18-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm on R1P3D9 and am wondering when it is a good time to try pineapple.

Sadie
05-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Phase 4 is when you can try pineapple but not before the end of the first week. It is EXTREMELY high in sugar and will cause a reaction much like a cookie or piece of pie.