PDA

View Full Version : New to this!

chpros
05-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone! I have started the HCG diet and have been looking at recipes because I don't want to get sick of eating the same food and fall off the diet. It has been great so far and I want to keep going. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an HCG cookbook that can be boughten from here? I was looking on Amazon and saw one called "My HCG Phase 2 recipes" and there are also some others. Are those ok to use for recipes or should i stick with just the ones that are in the recipes section on this website. Any help would be great, thanks!

Slim
05-05-2012, 01:16 PM
to be HONEST...I am P2R1D15 and down 19 lbs...I keep it SIMPLE....I do not concentrate on FOOD...I eat at Lunch/Dinner only to FUEL my body...therefore, I intake the basic from the approved food list so I have no need for recipes...now when I get to phase 3 then phase 4 I may go into recipes...but, NOT PHASE 2...you can easily MESS UP!!! the KEY is to CHANGING the way you VIEW FOOD...Hope this HELP :-)

chpros
05-05-2012, 01:22 PM
This does help! Thank you! I agree with the key you stated! That is definitely the main thing I need to focus on! Thank you very much!

Sadie
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Chpros, stay plugged in we will help you to keep your focus. That is why this forum is here. :-)

nancybaggot
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I agree totally with keeping it simple. After four rounds and losing 86 pounds, my philosophy during P2 was just as Slim said...food for fuel. You can find alot of recipes and there are recipes available on this site, but they are risky and some of the ingredients listed are not really recommended. Linda feels that salt, pepper and garlic are really the only truely safe additions, though some people do fine with others, but many do not. To be on the safe side, keep it simple. There are plenty of great recipes once you are in P3 and have more flexibility with the ingredients.

chpros
05-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Thank you all very much for the advice. It's really inspiring to hear how much weight has been lost!!

Slim
05-05-2012, 05:40 PM
AWESOME Nancy!!1 I know you FEEL and LOOK GREAT!!! so HAPPY FOR YOu!!!

nancybaggot
05-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks, Slim. It has been an amazing journey and with the help and support of Linda and all the others I have met on the same journey, I have reached a weight I never imagined. I love seeing others reaching their goal and learning how to live a more healthy lifestyle. My personal goal this year is to tone up, which is proving harder than losing the weight was last year. And of course, maintaining the weight loss, which I WILL do!! Our skinny bodies require alot less food than our fluffy bodies and I am trying very hard to teach that to my brain.